What's new

Trumper "new" GFT cream

Anyone else tried this one? I tried to do a search but came up with no results.

Regardless, this was the first Trumper's I have tried, as I haven't gotten around to the others. On the first three shaves thus far, it has given me a very smooth, comfortable shave. The lemon scent isn't really my absolute favorite, but it isn't bad either. Good lather, nice and slick. Worked great with the Superspeed/Feather combo I was using those days. Will have to try it with my Vision or Slant.

I would have to say, I kind of like this cream and can certainly recommend it. Some of the traditionalists may comment, and rightfully so, that this isn't like the good ole Geo. F Trumper products, and that it's just some new fangled product from them, but, it's pretty darned good and is currently in the top few of my list.

As a frame of reference, other creams I have tried include:

AOS Lavender
TOBS: "Mr. Taylor", Sandalwood
Proraso
Salter's: Mint, Sandalwood
Truefitt: Grafton, Ultimate Comfort
Nancyboy
KMF Lavender
Weleda
Tom's of Maine Mint
Palmolive (purchased in Germany)
Speick
Various others that don't come to mind right now

YMMV,

I'm getting through a load of samples from Trumpers. Although the smell isn't quite as strong as it might be, the best lather I've found comes from the coconut. But they're all pretty good. Favourites are Lavender, Limes and Almond (very similar lather to the coconut).

I really like the rose cream.

But my favourite product (of the few I've tried) is the sandalwood soap, a great shave and a great scent.

Definitely on the list.

I used to be a cream guy, then a glycerine soap guy, now I'm gravitating towards the hard soaps (tripple milled and tallow/lanolin).

The Trumper sandalwood is definitely one of the better soaps I've used.

What's new about it? Is the scent different? Different ingredients?

(FWIW: I cracked open my sample of GFT that had been unused for quite some time and found that it had turned into a soap puck! It still lathered well, but when I was washing out my mug I noticed a good sized chunk of the hard cream stuck to the bottom of the mug!)

I'm getting through a load of samples from Trumpers. Although the smell isn't quite as strong as it might be, the best lather I've found comes from the coconut. But they're all pretty good. Favourites are Lavender, Limes and Almond (very similar lather to the coconut).

I have a set of Trumpers samples I'm working my way through myself. I've only tried the GFT and the Coconut, but was amazed at the lather I got from the Coconut. The GFT is OK, but my sample was not nearly as lubricating as the Coconut.

I enjoy the smell of the GFT. It has a limey start with a spicey end to it. It's pretty creamy, doesn't "lather" as much as the others. It reminds me of the soaps I use a little

Top Bottom