What's new

Truefitt and Hill Cream

I have a Truefitt and Hill cream on my radar, but not sure which one to start off with. I hear and read some really good things about 1805. I think I'm looking for a good autumn and winter cream. Is 1805 a good match for these seasons or should I look elsewhere?

1805 seemed more like spring or summer to me: aquatic, plus hints of orange creamsicle. Why not try the sampler? I got 2-4 shaves from each sample. At $13 for about 27 shaves that may not sound like a great deal, but I found it worthwhile. My favorites turned out to be Grafton, Rose, and Lavender.

http://www.truefittandhill.com/items_37.html

1805 seemed more like spring or summer to me: aquatic, plus hints of orange creamsicle. Why not try the sampler? I got 2-4 shaves from each sample. At $13 for about 27 shaves that may not sound like a great deal, but I found it worthwhile. My favorites turned out to be Grafton, Rose, and Lavender.

http://www.truefittandhill.com/items_37.html

+1. I think its a spring/summer cream. By the way,IMO,the two best(by far) T&H creams are the Ultimate Comfort(mild Lavender) and the Rose. Both are great.

Craig

Now I'm wondering how CF Lavender matches up against TH Lavender? I already use CF Lime, would a lavender be considered an autumn or winter cream? I'm thoroughly impressed with the CF line so far, wondering how they compare?

I bought the sample pack. The sandalwood and 1805 cream was the disappointments. Almond, Rose and Lavender was the biggest surprises. I already owned a tub of Grafton, you can't go wrong with that. The shaving creams are good, and they all are pretty much the same, the only major difference is the scent. West Indian Limes however dried a little on my face, but that was not a big problem.

My next shaving cream from T&H will be Trafalgar.

Now I'm wondering how CF Lavender matches up against TH Lavender? I already use CF Lime, would a lavender be considered an autumn or winter cream? I'm thoroughly impressed with the CF line so far, wondering how they compare?

IMO.the CF Lavender is, far and away,the best lavender cream on the market.Its outstanding in all aspects. And the scent is much stronger and more distinct than its T&H counterpart.Well worth the pricetag as far as I'm concerned,And a little goes a long way. Its a 200ml tub I believe.

Craig

I've used both Truefitt and Hill U.C. as well as Castle Forbes Lavender and Lime. The problem I have had is since I've tried the CF Lavender, I am yet to find a cream that's better. So when trying other creams, there is always a small bit of disappointment.

Well, looks like if its a lavender cream I'm after I suppose I should stick with CF, but is it considered a cold weather cream?

Both Grafton and Ultimate Comfort are my favorite T&H creams. IMHO, I find Grafton suited for fall and winter whereas UC is suited for anytime. Best of luck in your search.

I bought a sampler and tried them all. Performance is outstanding. My favorite scents were rose (I'm a big rose fan!) and Grafton. All of the scents were very pleasant, but those two were the best to my unsophisticated schnozzola!

I got the sampler.
ultimately got the lime suite and the 1805 range. And rose tube. And sandalwoods.

Good stuff all around.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 270
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 271
I have a Truefitt and Hill cream on my radar, but not sure which one to start off with. I hear and read some really good things about 1805. I think I'm looking for a good autumn and winter cream. Is 1805 a good match for these seasons or should I look elsewhere?

My favourite is Trafalgar.

Top Bottom