What's new

Truck bed tents

Best camping rig I ever had was a Ford E350 "Churchbus". I pulled the back 2 rows of seats and was able to put a twin mattress in the back. I've never slept so good in the wood!

The truck tent is great for an overnight. If your oing an extended stay and want to drive off somewhere, then it could a pain tearing it down and setting up again.

Exactly. One of the big reasons we unloaded our folding trailer.

Put 8' 2X2s into the two front and the two back stake holes in your truck bed walls. Lash more 2X2s along and across the top of your original four. Buy a BIG tarp and stretch it completely over the frame you just created, and stake the corners of the tarp into the ground. Once you get this set up, you can stuff the front tarp wall down between the truck bed and truck cab and you are completely waterproof. It can handle wind but may periodically need "tweaking".:001_smile

I got the same one you show in the picture and I like it for myself. With my F-150 being 48" between the wheel wells it really isn't all that great for two people to sleep in unless they are very fond of each other and haven't had any arguments during the day. It has been great to bring along to NASCAR or when we have been trailer camping for the extra storage and a place for somebody to sleep that doesn't like being crowded in the trailer. Make sure you let your truck sit for an hour or however long to let it cool off as some of the straps get near the exhaust pipe.

Top Bottom