What's new

Treet Black Beauty vs Treet Classic

I emailed Treet & asked them if the Treet Black Beauty AKA: Treet Carbon Black and the Treet Classic were the same blade.? I got the email today. The guy said they are the same blade but, the Classic Label sells better. I hope this helps with the confusion.

I don't have any of the Classic, but a quick image search shows it to be a silver blade. The Black Beauty is clearly not. Now whether the blue coating adds anything to the blade I don't know. But these are clearly not the same blade just stuffed into different packs.

I would not put much substance into any email replies. I doubt if the responder works in the manufacturing side in Pakistan. Dont expect them to release any real information on the manufacturing process.
Probably works in public relations or customer service or sales and answers general email inquiries.
Certainly they are the same as they are both carbon steel blades. But beyond that, are they identical with the same grind, same coatings? Since one is black and one is silver, that much is not the same. My experience with Treet carbon blades is that they have some similiarities but are not identical blades with different names.

But thanks for reaching out to Treet.

I have both Treet Classic and Black Beauty blades but haven’t critically compared them yet. What I would like to add however, is that The Treet Black Beauty is the most polarizing blade I know of in terms of views. If I had relied on reviews on this blade, I may have not even tried them. I get the smoothest,most non irritating shave from these blades. Although I would not want to do without my Voskhod, Astra, or Rapira blades, I would not go without my Treet Black beauty’s. They are not dull contrary to certain tests and opinions in my consistent use. They are not as sharp as many blades but they do an excellent job and are nice to my face.( not unlike a Rapira SS). My last shave was with my Shone Gold open comb(produced in the same factory as Fatip), and being careful with this somewhat aggressive razor and this very high quality blade, I got the closest ,most comfortable shave ever. To me BB’s are a must have.

I don't know about the Treet black beauty vs the classic, as I have not tried the classic. My guess due to previous comments is that the black beauty has a blueing applied vs a diffrent anti rust coating. What I can say is that if you like the black beauty the Treet dura sharp ( has ptfe coating) shaves smoother with the same irritatitation free result.

I don't know about the Treet black beauty vs the classic, as I have not tried the classic. My guess due to previous comments is that the black beauty has a blueing applied vs a diffrent anti rust coating. What I can say is that if you like the black beauty the Treet dura sharp ( has ptfe coating) shaves smoother with the same irritatitation free result.
This is very good to know; I’m a big fan of the black beauty as stated so this is a great tip for me, thanks!

Love those Black Beauties. Gotta pat dry them after shaving, otherwise I get spots on the blade edge. But they are the smoothest blades, and I get a great shave from them.

The Black Beauty is one of only two DE blades I use - it is most kind on my skin, and very cheap in the UK.
I love the way you put it; “ kind on your skin”. I couldn’t agree more, it’s a secret for those of us who know. I can get closer shaves with these because although I own sharper blades, these allow me to do a few extra strokes without irritating my skin. They are plenty sharp enough. Some of the bad reviews just makes me think; oh well hopefully that will help keep the prices down...

Love those Black Beauties. Gotta pat dry them after shaving, otherwise I get spots on the blade edge. But they are the smoothest blades, and I get a great shave from them.
I call them my “ Desert Island Blades”, but then I thought; if I was stuck on a desert island, it may rain a lot and these would eventually rust... actually, I’ve had no issue with that. I use them once or twice. I do agree, it’s best to make sure they are dry..

I emailed Treet & asked them if the Treet Black Beauty AKA: Treet Carbon Black and the Treet Classic were the same blade.? I got the email today. The guy said they are the same blade but, the Classic Label sells better. I hope this helps with the confusion.

Great information!! This certainly confused me (but not as much as Personna marketing!)

I see this thread is getting old. I found the Classic Treats to be excellent as well but much higher priced than the Black Beauties... Its these blades that I go to when other blade/razor combinations irritate my skin. Albeit, its my own fault when this happens because i tend to get a little too loose with my form while using a more aggressive combination. The Treet blades are so smooth, i get almost no irritation.

After letting my beard grow back over the most difficult areas of my face, I decided to go back thru some blades I had set aside, starting with the Black Beauty. Lately I've been able to get the results I want with various blades with two passes and some light buffing. Tonight the Treet blade in a Pre War Tech got it done effortlessly.
I gifted the Treet Classics I had so I'm unable to compare, but I'd be surprised if there was much difference. Some blades seem to need a shave or two to smooth out, but the Black Beauty gave a great shave right out of the wrapper.
I have less than a nickel apiece in these blades so I don't know if I'll do more than one and out, but curiosity beckons.

Top Bottom