What's new

treet 7 days Platinum

a local department store is running a clearance on a dozen or so of these treet 7 days platinm DE blades sleeves, i usually do not try differant blades, i've stuck to my usual Nacets (with the occasional Feather when i'm feeling adventurous) since i've started using DEs.
the price looks right at $4.20 per 100
are they any good or just knock-offs of the real deal by Gillette?

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-11-19-17-03-41.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-11-19-17-03-41.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 20
I have been shaving daily and have been changing my blade weekly.

This is the next to the last week of this year. I have only SEVEN more blades left after the Parker I picked at random for this week.

Maybe I will choose the 7-Days for the final week? Otherwise wise, it will be next year sometime.

I do favor Treet blades in general. The King is a favorite of mine. The black carbon was, a bad blade for me.

I guess the question is:

Is the Treet 7-Days a blade that is intended to be good for seven days of shaving? Or that it is a good blade to pull out and use any of the 7-days in a week?

Is it really a quality blade with longevity or is Treet just intending to cash in one the popularity of the Gillette 7-O'clock branding?

Last edited:
Is it really a quality blade with longevity or is Treet just intending to cash in one the popularity of the Gillette 7-O'clock branding?
No idea really, but I read somewhere on the web (here perhaps?) that the 7 Days Platinum and the Platinum are Treet's top tier stainless steel offerings. However, in the end, it is still a 10 cent razor blade, so probably falls somewhere in the budget range in the overall DE razor market.

I have not tried the 7 day version myself, but I do like Treet Platinum. I find it smooth-cutting and the price is right. I do not doubt I would probably like Treet 7 Days Platinum too.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
The tucks of Treets say 7 days of even shaves. This is clearly their marketing approach. I’d say it’s fairly accurate because reviews I’ve read said 5-7 good shaves. This matches my experience as well. I also read numerous times that most blades are designed to last six shaves. By saying theirs are for seven days is a marketing strategy to say theirs is better, whether there is any engineering behind this, who knows.

Is the Treet 7-Days a blade that is intended to be good for seven days of shaving? Or that it is a good blade to pull out and use any of the 7-days in a week?

Yes.

Seriously though, I went 5 shaves with one and switched out due to boredom.
That's how it is with me, so many blades, so little time. I feel like it could've gone another shave or two but can't remember if I was sporting a goatee/stashe at the time... makes a big difference with regards to my blade longevity. Good blades for the price regardless.

That's how it is with me, so many blades, so little time. I feel like it could've gone another shave or two but can't remember if I was sporting a goatee/stashe at the time... makes a big difference with regards to my blade longevity. Good blades for the price regardless.

I do have a stashe and a goatee, so I do mention that as its possible effects on a week's shaving longevity.

Will go ahead and use the 7-Days for this upcoming final week of 2023.

a local department store is running a clearance on a dozen or so of these treet 7 days platinm DE blades sleeves, i usually do not try differant blades, i've stuck to my usual Nacets (with the occasional Feather when i'm feeling adventurous) since i've started using DEs.
the price looks right at $4.20 per 100
are they any good or just knock-offs of the real deal by Gillette?

I have lots of Treet blades I enjoy. The 7 Days is really good for me.

...the price looks right at $4.20 per 100

...are they any good or just knock-offs of the real deal by Gillette?

At that price, they are a great deal. I wouldn't guarantee seven days worth of shaves for everybody, but a better than average life on these blades.

Why does everybody assume they are ripping off a Gillette brand? Did anyone notice there are 7 days in a week? And lasting a full 7 days suggests a blade that might be worth a little more money. Maybe 7 Days has some symbolic meaning for Pakistanis?

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
As I've reported on my journal thread, I bought ummmm too many Treet 7Days. I tried one in my Athena, a razor that doesn't seem to be concerned which blade I use.... and had a much less than stellar shave.

I though it could just be an anomaly so I tried one again on one side of my face... my other Athena was loaded with a Perma-Sharp and I used it on the other side of my face.. new blades, both.

The bottomline for me... I have several blades that work so well for me, I'm passing my 7Days on to someone who loves them.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
As I've reported on my journal thread, I bought ummmm too many Treet 7Days. I tried one in my Athena, a razor that doesn't seem to be concerned which blade I use.... and had a much less than stellar shave.

I though it could just be an anomaly so I tried one again on one side of my face... my other Athena was loaded with a Perma-Sharp and I used it on the other side of my face.. new blades, both.

The bottomline for me... I have several blades that work so well for me, I'm passing my 7Days on to someone who loves them.
The first shave with the 7 Day is a bit rough, but then it really settles down. If you’re a one and done guy, which I think you are, go ahead and PIF them. If you want blades for multiple shaves, it’s worth a longer trial.

Top Bottom