What's new

Travel Razor

Have any of you had any luck using one of the very inexpensive Bic single blade safety razors? The reason I ask is because it seems like this would be the closest type of razor to a DE that an airline would allow in a carry on baggage. Along those lines, have any of you 'carried on' your DE's? If you've had any experience with these single blade Bics, how do they compare with DE's or more modern multi blade razors?

Thanks!

... The reason I ask is because it seems like this would be the closest type of razor to a DE that an airline would allow in a carry on baggage. Along those lines, have any of you 'carried on' your DE's? ...

Thanks!

I've carried on a Merkur folding travel razor (with blade) both in the US and abroad (earlier this week it went thru security in New Delhi, Mumbai, Amsterdam and Seattle with no questions asked). YMMV of course

well,
FAA regulations state that all blades have to be put away in the checked in luggage, and you might get away with one blade, but personaly, i would like to avoid the full cavity check in security if they find it,

Actually, the TSA rules prohibit: "Razor-Type Blades - such as box cutters, utility knives, razor blades not in a cartridge, but excluding safety razors" which I read to allow one to carry a DE safety razor with a blade (which they have always allowed me to do so far). Of course, expecting TSA to follow their own rules is perhaps optimistic (disclaimer, I have a number of friends and former students who work for TSA, and so may be overly cynical).

I keep a Quattro around just for travel. However, I may just start packing an old beat up Gillette with Derbys in my checked luggage.

Top Bottom