What's new

Travel Razor recommendations

I can't imagine mailing blades so I can shave with my DE. I guess I'm fortunate to be able to get great results with a disposable Sensor 3 or a m
Mach 3. Don't get me wrong, I love my DE but I like the simplicity of packing what I need. I'm not even sure I'll be using my brush and soap on my next trip. I have some C.O. Bigelow canned foam that actually gives a pretty nice shave.

Before I retired I traveled as much as 60% of the time. Before razor blade restrictions came into play I had no problems with carry on luggage. Once these restrictions began I either checked my bags, mailed blades to the hotel I was staying with, or left them with someone I knew there. I would call the hotel in advance and tell them I was checking in on a specific date and that a package would be sent to me. Never had a problem. A few times if I was returning to the hotel in a few days I would leave an envelope containing the blades at the front desk and told them I would pick them up in a few days. In fact, one time the assistant manager handed over my package to me and told me the package was safe and was locked in a safe!

But as always it's a matter of YMMV. If you travel as much as I did you had to adapt. You could use a cart or you could take steps to shave with a DE.

I'm travelling from Australia to Spain and Italy for one month later this year.
I'll be taking a little d/e ball-end Tech which weighs only 29 grams. I'm sure there'll be pharmacies over there which sell blades .. my wife and I travel with just one carry-on each on the way over so I can't take blades ....

Top Bottom