What's new

Transferring Lables from Plastic to Glass

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Does anyone put any protective something on the label after moving it to the glass? I have some vintage AV bottles with good labels but I want to protect them so they don't deteriorate with long use/reuse of the bottles.

Isn't there some clear stuff that you can put over them. Something used in decoupage?

Ahhhh. I just realized something. I was looking at the two new bottles of Aqua Velva (7 oz. size) that I got and was planning on transfering to a glass bottle.... contents and label both.... but it says right on the label "New Shatterproof Bottle". It's sticking out there like a sore thumb. It would look pretty stupid if I transfered the label that says "New Shatterproof Bottle" to a bottle that could shatter. I suppose I could take a razor blade and cut that phrase out of the label since the label is clear..... that would be somewhat subtle. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Ben

Ahhhh. I just realized something. I was looking at the two new bottles of Aqua Velva (7 oz. size) that I got and was planning on transfering to a glass bottle.... contents and label both.... but it says right on the label "New Shatterproof Bottle". It's sticking out there like a sore thumb. It would look pretty stupid if I transfered the label that says "New Shatterproof Bottle" to a bottle that could shatter. I suppose I could take a razor blade and cut that phrase out of the label since the label is clear..... that would be somewhat subtle. Anyone else have any other ideas?

Ben

Maybe my glass bottle would become "shatterproof" if I left the phrase on the label?? :huh:

Ben

Top Bottom