What's new

Tradere not making razors right now.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I didn't see a thread. Well for the past few days I have been looking at a ton of razors trying to settle on which one I want. Well during that time I was looking at a Tradere and googled to find their site. Well to my surprise, I discovered this on their front page.

"We have had to put a temporary hiatus on production and all sales until we are able to secure more inventory that meets our standards. Our former custom machine shop was unable to deliver our orders due to their own issues and we were forced to terminate our relationship with them.

We are seeking out a new shop and and as soon as we have completed that process we will put razors for sale on this site.

Sorry, for any inconvenience and wishing you all good shaves!"

That's some pretty disappointing news to anybody interested in a Tradere razor.

Last edited:
Very interesting comments and honesty from Tradere. This doesn't surprise me as I don't think a new batch of razors has been produced in well over a year. It must be extremely hard to find a machine shop that will commit to making razors in large amounts and at a decent price. Also and probably most importantly have the skills to machine a razor in particular the head. It appears more and more companies that want to make a complete razor are using aluminum and sintering.

Wow, I checked their site a day or two ago and that comment was it up on their site. Hopefully they will find quick resolution to their problems and get more of these incredibly high quality razors back out to consumers.

That explains it. I had been looking at that razor for some time and finally decided on going with the Above the Tie Kronos. I absolutely love the looks of the handle of the tradere and will probably buy it when it becomes available again.

I'm glad to know the status. I was worried they had given up completely.
Now if we can just get an update on the Huntlee Katana ...

WOW... I hope it all works out. I was in on the pre-release purchase a couple years ago when they were first announced, getting the handle first then the early OC head a few months later.

I really enjoyed shaving with that razor but for some unknown reason I sold it when I did a BIG clean out of high end razors and now someone else on B&B is shaving with my pretty....

proxy.php

Top Bottom