What's new

Toronto area PIF passaround box

Love Arko! The PolSilvers are truly great but I think the Wizamet IS are just a hair better. There's a box in there somewhere I think.
Those are the ones I kept. From what I read online, they were identical. All I know is I shaved 3 times with 2 blades and loved them each time!

Box is in the mail headed to @PatDaddy13

Out of the box:
Tuck of Super Iridiums (don't worry, still a tuck and a half in the box!)
Maple Cream soap

Into the box:
2x Mr Pink aftershave samples
Tuck of Derby blades (none left in box)
7x Lord Super Stainless in a tuck
Stick of brand new Arko

I've only been wetshaving for a month, but tried to leave the box fuller than I got it.

Hopefully the sample tubes in the box work well for the Mr Pink. If they leak, I'm not worried since they are in a Ziploc. Same for the one i sent you @Desi

Awesome. Can't wait!

First two shaves from the box.

Here's what I used for my face:

-No name badger brush (mine)
-Merkur 34c razor (mine)
-Polsilver blade (box)
-Art of Shaving pre-shave oil (box)
-Trumper Limes shaving cream (box)
-Versace Man aftershave balm (box)
-Anthony Gold Ice Lime aftershave (box)

No complaints about the performance of any of these products. Thought the scents could have been a little stronger. The Polsilver blade was strange. I didn't think I was getting a close shave with it but feeling my face now I got a damn fine shave. I think I'll be taking a tuck of them for sure.

$20161108_195342.jpg

Second shave tonight was my chest. Used the Harry's handle, a Harry's blade, the Nivea Cream, and the Nivea aftershave balm. I loved the scent of the cream. The Harry's blade and handle did the trick but I don't miss using that kind of razor at all.

All in all so far, so good!

Last edited:
They must be good for cleaning up edges no? Goatee, sideburns?

Dang, where's my manners?

Dom, glad the box arrived in one piece. The's is a lot of cool soaps and razors and blades and pre/post shave products in there it's frightening. I was planning my shaves the night before.

Sincere thanks to Adam aka sqg491 for kicking this off!

:thumbup1:

Just came back to catch up on the thread and I'm loving it! So glad to read the reviews and see people experiencing and loving products that otherwise would have just sat under my sink.... I'm on the fence about a bunch more stuff I'm considering getting out there, so I may jump back in on the list at some point so I can add to the box again

Had my third shave from the box Sunday night.

Used a Voskhod blade, the Castle Forbes Cedar and Sandalwood cream, and the Razorock Mr. Pink.

Is it just me or does that Mr. Pink kind of smell like cotton candy? The Castle Forbes stuff had great performance, wasn't huge on the scent though, and the Voskhod blade gave a super close shave.

Who's next for the box? I have this Friday off from work so I was hoping to send it out then.

Had my third shave from the box Sunday night.

Used a Voskhod blade, the Castle Forbes Cedar and Sandalwood cream, and the Razorock Mr. Pink.

Is it just me or does that Mr. Pink kind of smell like cotton candy? The Castle Forbes stuff had great performance, wasn't huge on the scent though, and the Voskhod blade gave a super close shave.

Who's next for the box? I have this Friday off from work so I was hoping to send it out then.

I believe I am next. However if anyone else is ready I can skip my turn as I am going away with the family next weekend for US Black Friday shopping (maybe I'll find some shaving deals...) and probably won't be lugging the box with me down to the states

If your going by a walmart in the US id suggest picking up some van der hagen soap! super cheap there! And hey if you want you could always pick up a couple spares and sell them to yours truly :)

Just came back to catch up on the thread and I'm loving it! So glad to read the reviews and see people experiencing and loving products that otherwise would have just sat under my sink.... I'm on the fence about a bunch more stuff I'm considering getting out there, so I may jump back in on the list at some point so I can add to the box again

Hey if you want to keep the box going sign me up, id like to add some more soaps to the box, i feel like i didnt share enough and id like to give some more back to everyone to try!!!

Top Bottom