razorock xxx
Jabonman tierra humeda
MW bay rum
Tobs grapefruit
MWF
tabac
pannacrema

Surprisingly, not to much love on this thread for one of my favorites:

C&S Oxford & Cambridge, an English soap made in Italy. Go figure.....

Also like:
DRH Windsor
MWF
Tabac
L'Occitane Cade
Cella

Will be placing an order for Mike's in the near future, Bay Rum and many many samples.

MWF
Tabac
Cella
La Toja
Panna Crema

I have several MdCs incoming and Klar Seifen; I'm pretty sure they will make the cut as well.

Mama Bear - slick, cushiony, smell great
VDH - easy to lather, inexpensive, inoffensive
Williams - it works, it is cheap, smells OK
Honorable mention - Arko - great lather, smells great, but too drying for me

Surprisingly, not to much love on this thread for one of my favorites:

C&S Oxford & Cambridge, an English soap made in Italy. Go figure.....

Also like:
DRH Windsor
MWF
Tabac
L'Occitane Cade
Cella

Will be placing an order for Mike's in the near future, Bay Rum and many many samples.

You and Marco may be the only ones who have mentioned C&S Oxford & Cambridge. I mentioned it as one of my "need to try" soaps..... and I'm thinking more and more that I need to try this soap sooner rather than later. AoS.... I'm probably not going to subject myself to trying for a while..... since the reformulation. It's one of those bittersweet situations involving a discontinued/reformulated product. But I am hearing some good things about the new AoS soaps. Someday maybe I'll give AoS a shot.

Ben

MWF
D.R Harris (any scent)
Provence Santé Verlaine
Institut Karité
Proraso sandalwood and shea butter (in tub)
L'Occitane Cade
Palmolive stick
La Toja stick and cream
Mike's
Cella

You and Marco may be the only ones who have mentioned C&S Oxford & Cambridge. I mentioned it as one of my "need to try" soaps..... and I'm thinking more and more that I need to try this soap sooner rather than later.
Ben

I hope you really like it Ben, I use it more often as the weather gets warmer, not so much in the winter months.

Ok I will play

Tabac
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Martin de Candre
Mike's Natural Soaps
Mystic Water Soaps
Jabonman
Panna Crema
Queen Charlotte Soaps
Czech & Speake No. 88
Dr. Harris Marlboro
L'Occitane Cade
Pre de Provence
Haslinger
Klar Seifen
Cela

La Toja stick
Valobra stick
Lea stick
Irisch Moos stick
Speick stick

I know it is more than 10 buy they all are in my top 10

Let's seeeeeeeee??????

Prorasso- (any color)
DH Harris (all flavors)
MWF
Cella
PreDeProvence
Trufitt & Hill
TOBS Stick
QCS (unscented and Ice Key Lime)
Mikes (Lime is best)
Vintage Old Spice

Ronnie

1-Mike's Natural Soaps - Everything but the Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
2-MWF
In no particular order:
Provence Sante Green Tea
Speick
Arko
DR Harris - Almond, Windsor
C & E Nomad
Tabac- Only in the Winter
Klar Kabinett

Omega
Proraso Sensitive
Queen Charlotte Vostok
Cella
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad
Caswell Massey Sandalwood
Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Lime
Tabac
Arko

MWF
Mike's (Especially Barbershop)

I have not tried any other soap that comes close to these, although there's a lot on your list I haven't tried. I am pretty happy with these two, and I have three different Mike's, so it's hard to rationalize buying more...so far. Soaps are my favorite part of wet shaving, but I have trouble imagining any other soap being better. Nevertheless, I will try others at some point. I also tried creams but just don't enjoy "playing" with them as much. I think it is too easy to create lather. I do test lathers on some of the other soaps I have, but nothing comes close to my two favorites.

MWF
Mike's (Especially Barbershop)

I have not tried any other soap that comes close to these, although there's a lot on your list I haven't tried. I am pretty happy with these two, and I have three different Mike's, so it's hard to rationalize buying more...so far. Soaps are my favorite part of wet shaving, but I have trouble imagining any other soap being better. Nevertheless, I will try others at some point. I also tried creams but just don't enjoy "playing" with them as much. I think it is too easy to create lather. I do test lathers on some of the other soaps I have, but nothing comes close to my two favorites.

Of the two you listed, you could pick either one and stick with it for the rest of your life and have great shaves forever. They are both excellent soaps. I enjoy the tradition of the older brands such as MWF, Tabac, DRH, etc.... the newer artisan soaps (from the U.S. especially) are really great and very exciting to experience and watch develop. Mike's is probably at the top of my list for U.S. artisan soaps, with QCS and MW very close behind..... but I just started trying Barrister & Mann soap, and the scent of that soap during the shave is just phenominal in combination with excellent lather and performance. I've got my own list of other "new and upcoming soaps" to try as well.

Ben

I've had the good fortune to wheel and deal a few soaps and creams since starting this hobby and so far my list would be (in no particular order):

MWF
Tabac
C&E Sienna
Panna Crema Namaste
Klar Kabinett
Mike's Lime
Strop Shoppe Black Tie

I have yet to try any D.R.Harris products but I have an affinity to the hard milled soaps.

Haslinger Aloe Vera
Osma
Gold Dachs Spezial
XXX
Cella

I use the first three the most. These five are the only soaps I have that I've tried so far. I have some Haslinger Shafmilch which I haven't tried yet but expect I'll love (though scent seems strong), and I have some Klar Kabinett on the way. Don't understand why Osma doesn't get mentioned as it's shea butter and alum heaven! XXX is great scent and performance but burns a bit. Cella is Cella....

Oh, I tried MW and it performed well but the forest scent was waaayyy too strong so I gave it away. Still have some other MW samples I've yet to try. I guess it's time!

Last edited:
I can distill my list down to three:
- Arko
- VDH Luxury
- Cella

I've tried others, but these are the best regardless of costs.

My playlist (all hard soaps). In no particular order really.
- Klar's Kabinett (Rasierseife)
- Dr Dittmar (spezial)
- La Toja
- Mitchells (for dry and cold seasons)
- Cade by L'Occitane (you just got to love the scent)
- Valobra (easier to lather up than the Cade but it do come with a VERY nice "clay like" scent)
- Penhaligon´s English Fern

When I limit myself to 5 soaps today this is what I get;

- D.R.Harris
- P.160
- Klar Kabinett
- '69 Williams
- modern Williams (yeah, right!)

Top Bottom