What's new

Top Gear

Have not had any time to watch the new Top Gear season except a bit of the Middle East special, it can't be as funny as the road trip from Miami to New Orleans "I have just been told by my new best friend Robert the Persian that if you go past 16th street you will be murdered" the DVR is loaded this weekend can't wait

I think it's getting past its best now. The series finished last Sunday and I can't remember most of it.

I did like the official complaint from the Mexican ambassador to Britain a couple of weeks ago though. I read they've cut that bit out of the version sold to America!

I think they peaked with Jezza in the Reliant Robin three wheeler sketch a year or two ago.

Gareth

Yeah, the show peaked a few seasons ago. You can tell it simply by looking at the season (series) lengths, both of the last seasons have been 6 episodes, just goes to show that they really don't have any new ideas. I think season 12 may have been the best. I mean season 16 (current) didn't really have that many car reviews even, the most exciting bit to me was Hammond driving his dream cars Porsche 959 and Ferrari F40 and those cars are about 25 years old, so...

Not a particularly brilliant season, but the trip to the safari park was pretty funny, and the Jonathan Ross interview was good.

Top Gear at it's worst is still better than most of the stuff they broadcast in the US and call entertainment. The Middle East show was pretty good - it was posted to YouTube in December. I hear that Prince Harry wants to take a spin on the track in the reasonably priced car. If true, his interview with Jeremy would be priceless.

Why don't they ever test more normal cars? It seems like they only test supercars that most people will never even buy. Or they test older cars like "let's pick 3 different 70's era British roadsters and have a race across England.

Even a test of econoboxes would be interesting.

Why don't they ever test more normal cars? It seems like they only test supercars that most people will never even buy. Or they test older cars like "let's pick 3 different 70's era British roadsters and have a race across England.

Even a test of econoboxes would be interesting.

Is it about cars?:lol:

Is it about cars?:lol:

That. :001_smile And I think jd_1138 may have missed the point of the show. :001_smile

The show isn't about normal cars, it's 3 petrol head buddies and dream cars. There's plenty of shows about normal people cars.

Last edited:
'Normal cars' are boring. After all, it is a TV show and the goal is to get viewers. Also, they do review everyday cars if a particularly good one surfaces (doesn't happen often), otherwise they might just mention it as a side. I watch it to drool over cars I could never own, and probably not even fit in. If I want to experience a normal car I can go to the local dealer and ask for a test drive.

Can you tell I am a fan and your comment angered me??? :lol: :lol:

did the stig leaving in the way he did cause this season to run the way it did?

I'm sure it had some effect, but not a noticeable one. Sure 'The Stig' is an icon, but in reality he is just a race car driver in a white suit and helmet; replaceable. They had a new guy this season, so I don't see it having too much of an impact.

'Normal cars' are boring. After all, it is a TV show and the goal is to get viewers. Also, they do review everyday cars if a particularly good one surfaces (doesn't happen often), otherwise they might just mention it as a side. I watch it to drool over cars I could never own, and probably not even fit in. If I want to experience a normal car I can go to the local dealer and ask for a test drive.

Can you tell I am a fan and your comment angered me??? :lol: :lol:

lol. didn't mean to anger ya. I like the show too. I don't mean I wanted them to STOP testing Lambos and Ferraris, but every once in a while have a roundup of regular cars. And of course there are other shows for these types of cars, but it'd be more fun if Top Gear tests them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom