What's new

Tom's of Maine - "Refreshing Mint" Conditioning Shave Cream

Quagmire said:
Tom's site said that most of the walgreens in my area carry the shaving cream. Well, I've been to at least 5 different ones and none of them carry the shaving cream. I even went to 2 different health nut stores here and they had just about every other tom's product except the shaving cream. Guess I'll have to venture out to Whole foods and see if they got it. I just don't want to drive an hour just to buy a $5 tube of shaving cream.
proxy.php

Ask them to order it for you since they are a supplier. Seems like a simple solution to me...

Does anyone have pictures of the box the shaving cream comes in?

The reason I ask is it might help fellow shavers in search of said product. Tom's of Maine packaging is awful. I missed the shaving cream in several stores because I mistook it for Hair Conditioner! The single word on the package that stands out the most is "Conditioning"! Several stores had it mis-stocked in the shampoo aisle. :confused:

Mike02 said:
Ask them to order it for you since they are a supplier. Seems like a simple solution to me...
I agree...

If anything you can order it and pay shipping...I am not sure what kind of vehicle you drive, but for me...

1 hour each way...say 65 Miles one way...130 both...

130 miles / 15 MPG is 8.667 gallons of gas...

8.667 x $3 per gallon is $25.99...

I choose shipping...but I guess YMMV was never so true...

This is the image of the box from their website (linked directly from the website so if it disappears, Tom's has redisned their site...)

proxy.php

mrs. chefchris said:
Does anyone have pictures of the box the shaving cream comes in?

The reason I ask is it might help fellow shavers in search of said product. Tom's of Maine packaging is awful. I missed the shaving cream in several stores because I mistook it for Hair Conditioner! The single word on the package that stands out the most is "Conditioning"! Several stores had it mis-stocked in the shampoo aisle. :confused:

Direct from the site (hope this works - first time trying a photo...)

I like this stuff. Very cooling and protective. Monster peppermint smell! My tube seems dry, too, but I think i am past the dry plug and shave 3 ought to be like Kyle's.

I know this is a really old thread/review, but I wanted to comment anyway.

1. Like some others have mentioned, I got a tube where the cream was rock solid. Before I had read this thread, my initial reaction upon opening the tube was, "How am I supposed to lather with THIS?"

Well, my Mom always said I was a smarty pants, so I put on my smart pants and put the tube of cream in a coffee mug (cap up), and ran extremely hot water into the mug for about 5-10 minutes. This softened the cream considerably. When I used it the next morning, it worked fine.

2. After one use, I like this stuff a lot. Seeing as how I'm on a budget, this stuff is perfect for me.

My only complaint was that by the third pass, the cream was somewhat dried up on the brush and in the bowl. A little hot water solved that, though.

Another fan of the Tom's mint shave cream... man, this stuff is nice!

I picked up a tube on the way home, speeding furiously afterwards in anticipation. Once there, I was struck by mere agony at having to wait for someone to get out of the shower, but soon enough I had squeezed 3/4 of an inch into my bowl and whipped up a huuuuge amount of lather. I applied it generously, massaged a bit with my brush, and grabbed the old gillette:

Yowsa - that minty aroma and the accompanying tingle were *absolutely* refreshing, and the razor slipped along my face as if it were ice. My skin felt refreshed afterwards, and it even left my brush smelling great... it was a bit expensive at $5.50 at the local natural grocers, but well worth it, as this tube will last months - it's that concentrated. Two cheeks waaaaay up!

-m00t

You all are really feeding my AD. Had to go out and buy some Tom's. OK, OK... yeah, I really like it. But then, I really like about a dozen others on my shelf. ;-)

You mean it's not supposed to be rock hard? Believe me when I say that this question is posed with no sarcasm. I bought a tube a few months ago and just assumed that was the way it's supposed to be. I've only used it twice due to this...Salvador, once you softened it, did it remain that way for an extended period of time?

Anyone know of any local WNY (Western New York) chains that cary the shaving cream? I see Tom's of Maine toothpaste at Wegmans, but I haven't seen any shaving cream there. And we don't have a whole foods around here. :glare:

Thought about the mint, but ended up buying the Calendula scent. Different smell, same great cream - Tom's of Maine is a winner, and man is it cheap!

Anyone know of any local WNY (Western New York) chains that cary the shaving cream? I see Tom's of Maine toothpaste at Wegmans, but I haven't seen any shaving cream there. And we don't have a whole foods around here. :glare:

Most of the bigger Wegman's carry KMF in their natural products aisle. In fact-- this weekend I saw that the really big Wegmans in Pittsford carries AOS unscented and lavender lines!!

To me, the mint gives a very rich lather, but I can't stand the stuff. It's like shaving with toothpaste-- and I'm a menthol lover.

Top Bottom