What's new

Tomorrow "the Nib" has been open a week

Let's hear how many have just been swayed to try FP's in this short week, how many have had their FPAD reignited , and just some feed back if you like the forum !!!!

Purchased a pack of Varisty Pilot's to try haha. Already contemplating a better pen (Lamy, Waterman or something like that)

Purchased a pack of Varisty Pilot's to try haha. Already contemplating a better pen (Lamy, Waterman or something like that)

Welcome to the slipperiest slope in this place.... were you even thinking about fountain pens before last week ???

Both of you look like you've been hit in the chops with a baseball bat.... although I have to agree that Ouch looks like he received 2 swats

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
DIdnt change my feelings, but I enjoy having more information located here. I do want to try a B nib pen though.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It has caused me to bust out some old pens I hadn't been using for a while, some I'd even forgotten about. I'd been primarily just been using vintage Pelikan and Sheaffer's pens for months at work, fallen into a slump of my favorites. Good idea, the forum seems to have stirred some interest with the neophytes as well.

Thanks for the kick in the rear, and by the way, I'll do a PIF soon -- beware!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I am swayed.

Although Ouch may have been hit harder than I. :biggrin:

Both of you look like you've been hit in the chops with a baseball bat.... although I have to agree that Ouch looks like he received 2 swats

Why do you say that? Because I have only two pens and three inks, and have been swapping them out like mad? :001_tt2:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Oh, and I think we're going to need some sub-forums pretty soon-

ink reviews comes to mind.

I like it very much.
I just wish I wrote things more often and had better writing so I could read what I wrote.
It's a great forum! huzzah!

strop

Now half as wise
Guilty as charged! I dug out my grandfathers Eversharp which I hadn't even seen in 20 years, dug out my vintage (if it's 25 years old and no longer made it's vintage!) Pelican, ordered 2 pens and 5 bottles of ink!

Mark

I'm probably going to regret the day this forum opened. I picked up a Pilot Varsity and I'm poised to pounce on a TWSBI 540 when it becomes available (of course, to go with the as of yet unreleased B&B ink).

Sigh.

I placed an order last night for a Lammy Safari in the shiny black finish with a fine nib. I also ordered a medium nib so I can see what I like best. I only bought one bottle of ink though, Parker Quink blue/black. Now the only problem I have is waiting for it to get here.

Thanks guys. Now I have more to think (obsess) about then straights, brushes and soaps/creams.

I'll probably be ordering a FP in the next month. I need to get a new cell phone first. And i've got my eye on a few razors. and a case for my nook.

I like this better then the FPN, although i've only lurked there. they seem a bit too...intense....for me

Same here, I purchased two Pilot Varsity pens and have an eye out for a Lamy as well. I'm looking up how to write better as we speak.

Top Bottom