What's new

Today, I got my Futur.

Man, had I been waiting. I will be leaving this area for about 3 weeks soon and I didnt want the thing showing up the day I left and just sitting unattended.

Anyhow, West Coast Shaving came through again. Even with some samples. The shipping crate included: Packing nuts (kudos to them for using water soluble shipping materials), my Futur, a tube of Proraso, a tube of Speick, a small sample of Taylor's Lavender and one of Taylor's St James (those cool little sample containers have to be useful for something...ideas??) AND a tiny tube of Cremo. Good stuff all, I'm sure. I've liked Taylors but never had their "St James," and never tried the Cremo.

Of course I couldnt wait to get somewhere inside to check out what I have, so over to the picnic table to check out the items. First thing to do: Pull the razor. Naturally, I drop the top onto a rock and mar the finish. Oh well, nothing lasts forever, eh? I'll keep telling myself that.

At any rate, off to the hooch to put everything away. Since I shave at least twice a day, what the heck? There's hot water, no line for the sink and everything looks good.

Dial the razor down to one, head off to the sink and foam up some of the Proraso. I wanted to try that cream first as I consistently see it labeled as the standard for what creams should be. Ditching the Murkur Super that came with the thing, I load up an Astra, lather up, take my first swipe at my face and HOLY SHIITAKE! This thing is worlds ahead of my little Super Speed (I think) that's on loan from the uncle. He'll be happy to have that back.

Dial up to two for the second side of my face. Wound up nicking myself with the corner of the blade. Oh well, life happens.

Skipping the rest of the mundane details, this razor is very groovy. All my reservations for paying the price I did just flew right out the window.

Life is good.

My only issue is that it doesnt fit inside the little soap box that I've been using to hold the Super Speed. And the finish is, from prior experience with like finishes, probably not something I should have where I am. It sure as heck wont look new when I get it home.

Those other guys really have no clue what they are missing out on when they just give me a crazy look for pulling out a little chunk of steel for a razor instead of a plastic multi-blade.

Awesome.

-David

A really good razor and for me shaves better than any razor i own, new or vintage, though did take me a while to master it:eek:

Yes indeedy. The shave in the morning will typically be with cold water and doesnt seem to be as close. And I dont DO beard stubble, so I take it off either mid day or just after the work day. Depending on how scritchy it gets and how fast. As well as if I have time. If I get time during the day, I'll take it.

Nice review. But I did I read that you shave at least two times a day?

One of my favorites. I got mine after I started wet shaving the first of this year and have been using a Red Pack Personna, but lately have been very impressed with the Astra Superior Plantium blade as well. The key is don't dial it up so high in the beginning. I find with my set around 2.5 I get a great shave.:001_smile:001_smile

Top Bottom