What's new

TOBS Eton College Shave Cream: Scent

Hi everyone! I recently blind-purchased some TOBS Eton College Shave Cream, looking for a nice refreshing summer cream. This is what TOBS says about the scent on their own website:

...dominant citrus lemon notes combined with fruity citrus notes of orange and mandarin. All this is blended with gentle floral notes that rest on a base of warm patchouli...

When I opened the tub, the first scent that hit me was MUSK. If you've ever had a chance to sniff Jovan Musk, I honestly thought Eton College was a Jovan Musk scented shave cream. I definitely get the complex citrus notes, lemon, some orange fruit, and grapefruit to be precise, but ZERO patchouli. It smells pretty nice, but very musky to my nose, and I have never read anyone say this anywhere. My test hand-lather left a very nice citrusy-powdery scent once my hand was dried off but that musk.....it's really loud to me.

So my question is, does anyone else concur with my assessment of the scent of Eton College cream? I'm wondering if I may have gotten a tub of some other TOBS fragranced cream that might have been poured into the wrong container. Thanks!

I get the citrus scents which is what I love about it. I don't get much patchouli and presume that is by design to be in the background. I also get the floral notes as well as. I don't get any musk scent. Eton College is one of my favorite scents and I love it during the summer months. Whether it has patchouli or musk in it or not doesn't change the fact that it's a great cream with a great scent. If you don't like it, I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Top Bottom