What's new

TOBS Avocado - Thanks for the Recommendation

I asked for a recommendation (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/396467-Recommend-Me-A-Shaving-Cream?highlight=) and ended up with TOBS Avocado. I have been getting great shaves - had one this morning with a Fatboy, Feather, Rooney 1/2, and the TOBS Avocado. Perfect . :thumbup1:

Does not smell like avocado - more like a floral scent. It does have avocado oil.

I have used the following creams; Musgo Real, Proraso, and Speick. The TOBS Avocado beats all of them hands down. :thumbup:

I truly love the TOBS Avocado! It is always on hand. It is almost time for the next jar!

proxy.php

It is one of my favourite TOBS creams, along with Eton College.

To me it is more freshly sliced cucumbers than a floral scent.

Very refreshing, and provides a great slick lather.

Your description hits the nail right on the head ! You would think by its title that it could not be imaginable as a scent but avocado must have some great moisturizing properties

All can agree that this cream has a pleasant (non avocado) scent and a great lather.

I regularly argue with myself what it smells like but for some reason it hits the same nerves for me as rose scents - if that makes any sense at all.

I regularly argue with myself what it smells like but for some reason it hits the same nerves for me as rose scents - if that makes any sense at all.
I understand that.
TOBS Avocado has a fairly dense, heady scent. I wouldn't say it's particularly light & fresh but more green & very slightly musty. 50/50 cut grass/cucumber is what I immediately thought.

I picked up a few TOBS samples from Maggard and fully expected the Jermyn St. to be my favorite as it seems to be the common favorite. However, avocado was my favorite (followed by Mr. Taylor) because the scent was so strong, refreshing, and nice!

I received a tub of this today and tried it out right away. It took me a while to place the scent, but to me it smells exactly like cut watermelon rind. That probably doesn't sound appealing to some people, but it's very cool, crisp, and refreshing and reminds me of warm summer days. I understand it isn't for everyone, but I'm surprised at some of the comments I read about this describing it as "insect repellent" or "burnt rubber" :001_huh:

That's funny. I'm only a few months into DE shaving, and had been using Proraso from the get-go. A couple weeks back, I went into a local store to try smelling all the TOBS varieties they had on hand. The two I chose to try were Avacado and Eton College. The Avacado I knew I would like right away. The Eton College was something I thought I'd try but I used it a few times, found it wasn't for me and passed it to a friend.

I do enjoy the Avacado though. It's not over-powering by any means, and doesn't linger too long which is something I personally like.

I am officially scraping the bottom on this tub of TOBS Avocado. It produces instant, thick, cushioning lather. It has moved into my personal "Top 5 Creams".

Once again, it does NOT smell like avocado's. Don't be afraid to try it. It is worth it.........

proxy.php

Haven't shaved with it yet, but mine from the tub smells a lot like cucumbers and freshly mowed grass. At least that's what comes to my mind... It's a really refreshing scent IMO.

I used the B&B recommendations and opted for the Avocado version of TOBS. I couldn't be happier, and it is currently my favorite SC. (of course, I'm always looking for other options)

I just received it and it performs very nicely. The scent immediately reminded me of Musgo Real Oakmoss, but slightly sweeter and less woodsy/spicy. I love the scent of MR Oakmoss, but the TOBS Avocado is not far behind. I was a bit anxious before getting it, thinking about the only TOBS I had tried (and quickly sold), the horrible Sandalwood scent.

This is the first cream I might consider buying again.

Avocado is definitely a fav...i love almond, coconut, and have a love hate relationship with grapefruit...cant decide if I like the smell or not...depends on my mood :)

Tried TOBS Mr. Taylor for the first time last night. It lathered great and provided a nice slick shave.
I've tried the Sandalwood and Eton College but Mr. T performed beter for me.
Have grapefruit on the way; should get it today.

Top Bottom