What's new

Tobacquisitions - June 2018

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Got a big paycheck Friday. Between the luxury of having extra money and the desire to make the most of my day in town (the nearest decent-sized town is an hour away, after the boat trip), I may have blown it. I took care of the necessities (including one big bill which accounted for a large portion of my check), but there was also a lot of unnecessary spending. There was a CI order that hasn't come in yet, and this stuff I grabbed on a whim yesterday.

View attachment 893740 View attachment 893741

I thought the prize was the pipe rack, but it's kind of awkward to get the pipes in and out, so the luster has worn off on that one.
That's why I built mine out of Legos.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I picked up my shipment that included 1.5# of PS LNF. I let it age in my cellar for a very long time. About an hour and a half. I'm sure it improved the flavour.

Yes I had to try it. It is lovely. Mason jars in the dishwasher on sanitize right now. I've got it's brother/sister on my wish-list Luxury Bullseye Flake.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I picked up my shipment that included 1.5# of PS LNF. I let it age in my cellar for a very long time. About an hour and a half. I'm sure it improved the flavour.

Yes I had to try it. It is lovely. Mason jars in the dishwasher on sanitize right now. I've got it's brother/sister on my wish-list Luxury Bullseye Flake.

What was the damage extorted by the anti-tobacco regime?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member

Don’t forget Luxury Twist Flake! Although it is a mild aromatic. Reminds me of toasted coconut.

Thanks all! It is an estate pipe that apparently is very old but in great shape. So I believe its smoked and not colored. it has a very unique stem too.

Very unique stem! Especially for an older meer. Most seem to have black or amber color.
I'm guessing the stem might be a replacement. That pipe looks old enough to possibly have had an actual amber stem (notoriously fragile), or maybe the original ebonite just got chewed up or discolored. Whatever the case, that is a unique look on a really cool old meer!

I'm guessing the stem might be a replacement. That pipe looks old enough to possibly have had an actual amber stem (notoriously fragile), or maybe the original ebonite just got chewed up or discolored. Whatever the case, that is a unique look on a really cool old meer!
That is certainly possible. Either way its an awesome pipe!

My order has arrived. A tin of Sherlock Holmes to age, university flake which I popped today and EMP I'm trying in the morning. Going to have another uni flake smoke to celebrate my first submission of my work to a poetry competition today.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
CI order came in. CI Fresh-Rolled Churchills, and a box of Red Lion Cheroots.

20180628_113800~2.jpg

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Ark. Yurk. yipes.

I'm just replying to your tax question and you are suggesting another purchase to generate more tax .. .

The duty on tobacco is about 68% coming into Canada. In Canadian dollars about $110 and then 13% sales tax. 50 grams which is close to 1.5 oz is going for about $32 here the LNF is about $10 for the same amount. Very roughly speaking the tobacco I buy from the US is about half what I can buy it for locally.

Top Bottom