What's new

Tobacquisitions - June 2018

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
No, not really, I’m woefully ignorant when it comes to cigars. I used to really like Rocky Patel vintage 1992’s and a friend gave me an old half box of well cared for Romeo y Julieta habana he brought back from a trip to Cuba (state department guy) but that is the extent of my cigar knowledge.

I thought I heard that Fuente rolls a nice cigar so I asked my pipe shop if he had anything fit for a gift?

Opus X Lost City are pretty rare depending on where you live
No, not really, I’m woefully ignorant when it comes to cigars. I used to really like Rocky Patel vintage 1992’s and a friend gave me an old half box of well cared for Romeo y Julieta habana he brought back from a trip to Cuba (state department guy) but that is the extent of my cigar knowledge.

I thought I heard that Fuente rolls a nice cigar so I asked my pipe shop if he had anything fit for a gift?

They are a good cigar. I have smoke numerous Opus X but never a Lost City. I would be excited to get one. You did good!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
A very generous sample of MacBaren HH Burley Flake from @Kentos . Thanks Kent, I will be giving it a whirl tonight in my 2017 LE pipe.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
A very generous sample of MacBaren HH Burley Flake from @Kentos . Thanks Kent, I will be giving it a whirl tonight in my 2017 LE pipe.

Glad it made it!

Seems like our locales are separated by a weeks worth of USPS delivery routes. Everywhere else takes less than a week.

Add another Lorenzo to my collection.
20180625_222125.jpg

Mike H

Instagram Famous
A buddy gave me a couple whole leaves of dark fired tobacco. Spritz a little rum and roll it TIGHT in canvas. I am attempting some Navy twist. Will let you know how it turns out in a month or so.
proxy.php

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
That sounds as if it will be wonderful. Christmas cake tobacco.

I've got a package to pickup. A Tinsky pipe and 24 oz of Luxury Navy Flake. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Got a big paycheck Friday. Between the luxury of having extra money and the desire to make the most of my day in town (the nearest decent-sized town is an hour away, after the boat trip), I may have blown it. I took care of the necessities (including one big bill which accounted for a large portion of my check), but there was also a lot of unnecessary spending. There was a CI order that hasn't come in yet, and this stuff I grabbed on a whim yesterday.

20180627_003131.jpg
20180627_003149~2.jpg

I thought the prize was the pipe rack, but it's kind of awkward to get the pipes in and out, so the luster has worn off on that one.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Got a big paycheck Friday. Between the luxury of having extra money and the desire to make the most of my day in town (the nearest decent-sized town is an hour away, after the boat trip), I may have blown it. I took care of the necessities (including one big bill which accounted for a large portion of my check), but there was also a lot of unnecessary spending. There was a CI order that hasn't come in yet, and this stuff I grabbed on a whim yesterday.

View attachment 893740 View attachment 893741

I thought the prize was the pipe rack, but it's kind of awkward to get the pipes in and out, so the luster has worn off on that one.

Nice haul man.

Awesome! Nice haul!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member

You could always take a saw to the top spots in the rack to make them open slots.

Picked up a beautiful MeerView attachment 893783

Beautiful Meer! :thumbup:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
You could always take a saw to the top spots in the rack to make them open slots.
I thought about that, but I'm not sure it would work out. The top part is positioned so that the pipes don't recline at all, and some even have a forward cant. I'm afraid that if I open the holes, I'll have pipes falling out of the rack. It's serviceable as is, just a little awkward.

I thought about that, but I'm not sure it would work out. The top part is positioned so that the pipes don't recline at all, and some even have a forward cant. I'm afraid that if I open the holes, I'll have pipes falling out of the rack. It's serviceable as is, just a little awkward.
All of my racks are that way. Kinda goofy getting longer pipes or pipes with wider stems in. I've gotten used to it though. Keeping my stuff in the base of a closet is already sorta awkward so it doesn't bug me too bad.

Top Bottom