What's new

Tobacquisitions for July 2015

Well we're past the half way point of 2015 and some of you fine people have come up with excellent goodies. With temperatures rising, some of us need to sit out back with cold drink in hand and delicous leaf. What are you adding to your salvo?

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I'll dive in. Today I received a trio of Viprati billiards today. The top two are both one clover pipes, the bottom one is I believe a club pipe from 1996. All three are really clean and I'm super excited to add these to my collection. They're all about a group 4 size.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435984736.226938.jpg

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
I got my P&C order today, and I finally got my Dawnmist clay, only a couple of days later than I'd expected.

$IMAG2403.jpg

Nording Hunter Labrador
Brebbia Latakia Flake
Kaywoodie Sterling Natural Bulldog (top)
Viking Skagen Rhodesian (middle)
Dawnmist Black Cutty (bottom)

The highlights for me are the Kaywoodie and the cutty. The Viking is nice too, and my first Rhodesian (although I subscribe to the diamond/round distinction between bulldogs and Rhodesians, so I'd describe the Sterling as a Rhodesian too, but who am I to quibble with Kaywoodie?).

I got my P&C order today, and I finally got my Dawnmist clay, only a couple of days later than I'd expected.

View attachment 584192

Nording Hunter Labrador
Brebbia Latakia Flake
Kaywoodie Sterling Natural Bulldog (top)
Viking Skagen Rhodesian (middle)
Dawnmist Black Cutty (bottom)

The highlights for me are the Kaywoodie and the cutty. The Viking is nice too, and my first Rhodesian (although I subscribe to the diamond/round distinction between bulldogs and Rhodesians, so I'd describe the Sterling as a Rhodesian too, but who am I to quibble with Kaywoodie?).

I've been eying off the dawn mist cutty (black also). Am keen to hear how it performs.

I forgot all about posting this month's aquisitions. A box of Nub Tubos, an Oliva 20 pack sampler, 5 Oliva serie V. It was an Oliva buy this month.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Pipeshoppe.com order came in today. Old Dominion Williamsburg and a replacement for a clay I dropped a couple weeks ago.

$IMAG2441.jpg

This pipe has a story

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436479883.219344.jpg

Jiminyshiznit and I got to talking one day, he offered to send some tobacco samples, I accepted his gracious offer. I then found out he had a couple of straights that needed attention so I offered to help clean them up a bit. He accepted. So the razors and overly generous samples arrive, I smoked and enjoyed and worked on the razors. After some time the razors got sent back home, hopefully Jiminyshiznit found them improved. Then I get an email from my new friend, whom I've never met in person, and was only able to meet because of BnB, the email states that more samples are coming along with a lil' ol' estate pipe. That package arrived in today's post and it contained many more generous samples and that lil' ol' estate pipe turned out to be a MARK TINSKY!!!!! I have wanted a Tinsky for quite some time but funds have always lacked, but now I own one, and even better than owning a Tinsky pipe, I own a Tinsky with a story.

Thank you Jiminyshiznit you are a gentleman in every sense of the word.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
This pipe has a story

Jiminyshiznit and I got to talking one day, he offered to send some tobacco samples, I accepted his gracious offer. I then found out he had a couple of straights that needed attention so I offered to help clean them up a bit. He accepted. So the razors and overly generous samples arrive, I smoked and enjoyed and worked on the razors. After some time the razors got sent back home, hopefully Jiminyshiznit found them improved. Then I get an email from my new friend, whom I've never met in person, and was only able to meet because of BnB, the email states that more samples are coming along with a lil' ol' estate pipe. That package arrived in today's post and it contained many more generous samples and that lil' ol' estate pipe turned out to be a MARK TINSKY!!!!! I have wanted a Tinsky for quite some time but funds have always lacked, but now I own one, and even better than owning a Tinsky pipe, I own a Tinsky with a story.

How absolutely cool.

This pipe has a story

View attachment 585539

Right on, man.. glad you dig the pipe! It was the very least I could do after all of the work you put into bringing those razors back from the dead. I still can't believe that no-scales, scratched-up Lotus blade turned into such a lovely razor.. All of them are just beautiful. Now I just need to get my straight chops together! And thank you again for an incredibly fun process.. those couple of weeks of emails, sharing the process and progress, were a real treat. And these razors get to share the same great story. Cheers to you, sir!

This pipe has a story

View attachment 585539

That was a great read. Both of you guys are awesome. And that's a lovely pipe!

That's a great story. Love this place. Makes me want to crack out the little dunhill that "somebody" generously passed on to me. :) In fact, I will.

Top Bottom