What's new

Titanium razors/handles?

Do any exist?

I have some titanium rod laying around that I've been thinking about turning into a handle. It will be nice to have a handle that will never rust/brass etc...

I've never come across one. Cool idea though! Please update how it turns out if you decide to go ahead with the project.

Aren't these going to be too light? I thought titanium's great attribute was that it was light and strong.

Aren't these going to be too light? I thought titanium's great attribute was that it was light and strong.

Titanium has a high strength-to-weight ratio, but it's not really all that light. Gillette made some razors with aluminum handles, and titanium is significantly heavier than aluminum.

Besides, if I'm making my own I can make it solid other than the threads.

Do any exist?

I have some titanium rod laying around that I've been thinking about turning into a handle. It will be nice to have a handle that will never rust/brass etc...

Out of curiostiy, when did you first think of this? This thought of a titanium razor came into my mind about 11 hours ago.

That's not a DE handle, though. And who has "some titanium rod laying around"?

I bought some for another project and have about 8" of .625" left over. I bought some to make a present for a friend as well as play around with machining and heat-coloring it.

Titanium isn't very easy to machine to a mirror finish, and it's not easy to knurl either. If dealing with those issues are within your comfort zone, there is no reason why you can't make a fine titanium razor handle. I think it would be a perfect trade off in terms of heft, as it is 45% lighter than steel, and only 60% heavier than aluminum, while offering similar strength of steel, and at least twice the strength of aluminum.

I own many titanium watches from various manufacturers, and I love the metal, as well as its characteristics. Even it's heat transfer properties make it perfect for a razor... Too bad you dont have the ability to build an entire DE razor out of titanium stock! Still, a titanium handle is a great place to start...

Nice i want one, in the mean time im going to travel to Arizona Desert and see if i get lucky and find a Meteorite Rock and make a handle out of an unknown metal to man, Try and Top that tough guys :tongue_sm

LOL JK :eek:)

Titanium isn't very easy to machine to a mirror finish, and it's not easy to knurl either. If dealing with those issues are within your comfort zone, there is no reason why you can't make a fine titanium razor handle. I think it would be a perfect trade off in terms of heft, as it is 45% lighter than steel, and only 60% heavier than aluminum, while offering similar strength of steel, and at least twice the strength of aluminum.

I own many titanium watches from various manufacturers, and I love the metal, as well as its characteristics. Even it's heat transfer properties make it perfect for a razor... Too bad you dont have the ability to build an entire DE razor out of titanium stock! Still, a titanium handle is a great place to start...

I do have concerns about knurling it, but I think my stock is big enough I will try to knurl it first. If it fails miserably, I'll just turn the knurls off.

I too think an all titanium razor would be nice, but probably expensive. Although, not nearly as expensive as that one I posted earlier.

Nice i want one, in the mean time im going to travel to Arizona Desert and see if i get lucky and find a Meteorite Rock and make a handle out of an unknown metal to man, Try and Top that tough guys :tongue_sm

LOL JK :eek:)
Im pretty sure the straight razor guys have already forged a meteor straight razor, had it honed by a shinto priest honemiester who spent 20 years putting a edge on it , the handle was made from the horn from the last unicorn with gold trim made from a leprechauns stash of gold . How do think the got the beard of Chuck Norris got shaved ?

Top Bottom