What's new

Tips on first shave with a Gem MMOC

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
I bought a Gem MMOC from the bay that should be here tomorrow. Do you guys have any tips for my first shave? I got some Personna blades for it, mainly because that's all I could find. I usually shave with a straight or a mongoose, but the goose is heavy and awkward at times. I've heard lots of good things about the GEMs and I'm excited about trying it out.

Thanks

Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf SE Razor_intructions2_1.jpg

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Thanks guys. Are the persona blades the best for these razors?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I bought a Gem MMOC from the bay that should be here tomorrow. Do you guys have any tips for my first shave? I got some Personna blades for it, mainly because that's all I could find. I usually shave with a straight or a mongoose, but the goose is heavy and awkward at times. I've heard lots of good things about the GEMs and I'm excited about trying it out.

Thanks
If it works for your shaving schedule, a number of us share our Gem razors and experiences over at the Micromatic Monday thread (Micromatic Monday). There's lots of tips on a lot of threads, but we tend to focus in on the hows and whys of our Micromatics.

And I just noticed you're a moderator....so, you probably already knew all that, sorry :07:! But the invitation still stands!!! :001_rolle

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Once you get your Gem MMOC technique dialed in you will have smooth shaves because your technique will adjust for it. Here is some more information that might help you & others with your new razor purchase.
Have some great GEM shaves!
Gem instruction manual (2).jpg Gem procedure (2).jpg
I should also of added that I had better success with shorter razor strokes instead of long sweeping strokes IMO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom