What's new

Tiny Old Gillette... What is it??

ive the english aluminium tech (looks identical). Its by far my favourite shaver, im seriously considering selling by fatboys and ABC razor etc.

Here's another tiny travel razor I just got in a lot of stuff I bought on Ebay.. Cool little razor, but I don't know if I could ever use anything that small...

I've got a mint 1960 Tech and to be honest, I haven't used anything else since I got it. I tend to hold a DE by the bottom of the head and just use the handle to guide a little with my 3rd and 4th finger. Its so smooth and easy on the skin I didn't need to buy anything else, but you never know til you've tried several others.

I've used "Cif" bathroom cleaner on my razor. Then I scrubbed it in warm water and household disinfectant, then a buff with silver polish and then another spray of bathroom cleaner. All rinsed off, dried, and lubed the threads... Hopefully she's clean enough.

I've a merkur blade on board... Roll on tomorrow morning!

I would probably not have chosen the Merkur blade, but now my personal preference is showing. :blush:

Let us know how your Tech shaves for you. As you've noted in this thread, many people really like them. Gillette sold them for many years.

Regards,
Tom

Top Bottom