What's new

Timeless - Difference between Scalloped and Straight bar

Hi,

The slim is more efficient than the .95 - that's the biggest takeaway having used both. I would put this down to more blade exposure even though the slim has a lesser blade. The plate is CNC work of art.

If you are ok with more blade feel, I would recommend the .5 slim. One point to note is that it works only at a certain angle. If i run it shallow, it gives a very scrappy feeling. I run it steep and it cuts very very efficiently.

The .95 OC is more forgiving than the slim and 90% as efficient as the slim. While using the slim, I am more careful/watchful. If you want something fuss free, go for the .95 OC

Given what you have you stated ( that you are looking for a daily driver) , I would go for the .95 OC

I edit my thread with that other one I saw :) hahahaha

but this helps some get an idea what I would be in for not a fan of the blade feel so much ! and the angle thing another I kinda prefer going more cap (shallow) but the .68 OC I have is great the Wolfman do allow you to play with more angle than the Timeless but I tend to get the angle I like and stick with it so not a huge deal !

yeah as said the Wolfman 1.15 I have 5-7 days in and I have to take a break for a day and do a mild razor as it just slowly builds up the irritation so thinking the slim from your thoughts and others all seem to say kinda the same thing my face needs less blade feel hahahahaha

had my timeless .68 Ti about 2yrs now (have all 3 plates to compare) and love it the OC is my fav like many !
but do want to step up to the .95 and see how it compared to my Wolfman .95 I have that are also amazing razors !

again thanks

I edit my thread with that other one I saw :) hahahaha

but this helps some get an idea what I would be in for not a fan of the blade feel so much ! and the angle thing another I kinda prefer going more cap (shallow) but the .68 OC I have is great the Wolfman do allow you to play with more angle than the Timeless but I tend to get the angle I like and stick with it so not a huge deal !

yeah as said the Wolfman 1.15 I have 5-7 days in and I have to take a break for a day and do a mild razor as it just slowly builds up the irritation so thinking the slim from your thoughts and others all seem to say kinda the same thing my face needs less blade feel hahahahaha

had my timeless .68 Ti about 2yrs now (have all 3 plates to compare) and love it the OC is my fav like many !
but do want to step up to the .95 and see how it compared to my Wolfman .95 I have that are also amazing razors !

again thanks
Glad i could help!

I am soo glad I found such a helpful community of fellow wet shavers! B&B is truly awesome!

Hmm... I don't have any Giesen & Forsthoff razor, only heard they are rather mild.

Timeless is perhaps not the most expensive company out there, but there are quite a lot of other razors of all degrees of efficiency and aggression in between. Maybe try some of the not so expensive razors in between.

The .95 Head, with scalloped bar, straight or OC is middle of the road in terms of aggression. But then, we have shavers here who rather go with the .68. It is not easy to recommend a quite expensive razor and then you hear "it's too harsh for me". Not sure if you should take that leap of faith right away before not trying some other razors, you can try quite a few for half the price of a Timeless. Just thinking out loud.
That’s good advice for me too- I’ve been torturing myself between WHICH luxury razor until I’ve narrowed down Timeless 95oc ti or Blackbird Sb ti, but if you told me that I would ever consider that kind of money for a razor prior to getting into wet shaving I would laughed out loud. I think the smart money is for me to try a Lupo 95 OC and see if I enjoy that aggressive playground for a fraction of the price prior to making a large expenditure as all I’ve used so far are vintage Gillette’s and a GC 68 and 84. Yep… lots of choices.

Yup! Completely agree!

Two months with 2 OCs from timeless ( .95 & .5 slim). They are indeed butter smooth! The OC will be my recommendation to anyone looking at the Timeless in any blade gap!
How do you like the Slim OC? I’m not finding the SB very efficient….it’s super smooth though.

That’s good advice for me too- I’ve been torturing myself between WHICH luxury razor until I’ve narrowed down Timeless 95oc ti or Blackbird Sb ti, but if you told me that I would ever consider that kind of money for a razor prior to getting into wet shaving I would laughed out loud. I think the smart money is for me to try a Lupo 95 OC and see if I enjoy that aggressive playground for a fraction of the price prior to making a large expenditure as all I’ve used so far are vintage Gillette’s and a GC 68 and 84. Yep… lots of choices.
Blackbird for the win.

He
How do you like the Slim OC? I’m not finding the SB very efficient….it’s super smooth though
Hello! I find the oc to be super efficient. I only have the oc in timeless - .95 and .5 and the slim is the most effecient

Or rather, the slim oc is very aggressive. You will have blade feel and in a very good way and you will notice it mowing down your stubble/beard

Highly recommend! I have read in other threads that there is a marked difference between the slim sb and the slim oc, the oc being a different plate all together resulting in a completely different shave/end result

Hope this helps

Been doing more comparisons again with my 3 bars doing one side with one kinda thing and all are so good just small differences ?

a dual bar could be something I look at in the long run so that first pass gets the OC and follow up get the SB ?
while I do tend to go for the OC the most the SB is so good for me in feel I am liking ?
Todays scallop against the SB as I say the scallop to me leans toward the OC in feel more than the SB

in past I have said get the OC and I kinda feel that but also I have said the scallop sits in the middle so I just tend to go to either side and pick the SB or the OC but I am kinda liking that in the middle feel the scallop is giving me and that is what is making me wonder if a dual with SB/OC would be something I would like and just flip when I want that feel of either one !

He

Hello! I find the oc to be super efficient. I only have the oc in timeless - .95 and .5 and the slim is the most effecient

Or rather, the slim oc is very aggressive. You will have blade feel and in a very good way and you will notice it mowing down your stubble/beard

Highly recommend! I have read in other threads that there is a marked difference between the slim sb and the slim oc, the oc being a different plate all together resulting in a completely different shave/end result

Hope this helps
Thanks for your input. I’m not finding the SB Slim to be very efficient. Super smooth though with no blade feel at all. Hoping the OC dials it up a bit. I typically don’t like OC but willing to give it a a shot.

I originally got the Timeless Ti 68 scalloped. Then I wanted more aggression and a closer shave so I got a Ti 95 scalloped base. I sort of feared the OC. The ti95 scl was great too but still not super efficient on my neck and the buffing/cleanup was more uncomfortable than using the 68 scl. Both very comfortable shavers but the 68 gave the same shave as 95 more comfortably for me just didn't last as long. Finally I got a Ti95 OC base and that was the ticket! Very comfortable, very close and the OC worked great on all the crazy direction trouble spots on my neck without touch up etc. I recommend the Ti 95 OC, it is not harsh at all in my book and very efficient. Now... to compare the Ti 95 OC to my new Wolfman SS WR2 1.15 DC with Timeless ti crown handle. The Wolfman has a slight more blade feel, shaves a little closer and is a little more efficient yet still very comfortable and safe feeling. Both are superb and it's a tough call but the Wolfman wins, for me. Either one would be great for having a single razor and are the top 2 in my small selection. I can't ever see myself using the Ti68 scl or the Ti95 scl Timeless bases in the future over the Ti95OC. Just my 2 cents if anyone is also comparing the Timeless 95 OC and WR2 1.15. I never had a Blackbird, just a BB Lite and I didn't like it at all. One inexpensive nice efficient razor is the RR Lupo 72/95 DC. YMMV!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Hmm... I don't have any Giesen & Forsthoff razor, only heard they are rather mild.

Timeless is perhaps not the most expensive company out there, but there are quite a lot of other razors of all degrees of efficiency and aggression in between. Maybe try some of the not so expensive razors in between.

The .95 Head, with scalloped bar, straight or OC is middle of the road in terms of aggression. But then, we have shavers here who rather go with the .68. It is not easy to recommend a quite expensive razor and then you hear "it's too harsh for me". Not sure if you should take that leap of faith right away before not trying some other razors, you can try quite a few for half the price of a Timeless. Just thinking out loud.
Timeless has a trial period. I love the 68oc and have been looking at the 95 oc for awhile

Top Bottom