What's new

Time for my first PIF- Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke

Time for my first PIF. No particular reason other than I love this soap, and it is a (relatively) local soap maker who doesn't seem too well known. So, in the interest of sharing what I like, introducing someone to something I think is terrific, and helping out a local business, I figured that would be my first PIF.

Uncle Jon's Pipe Smoke soap is tallow based, produces a nice, thick, well cushioned and slick lather. Those who have tried it seem to rate it highly. The smell is a nice sweet cherry and vanilla smell that is somewhat reminiscent of the cherry vanilla aromatic pipe tobaccos (hence the name). It does like a lot of water.

I can't provide a link because he has a blog attached to his online storefront so it isn't allowed. If you want to look it up, you can find him on Google by looking up Uncle Jon's soap. If you are in the area and want to check out his physical storefront, he is in Berlin, MD which is near Ocean City, MD and the Delaware beaches.

Anyway, I just placed the order yesterday for a 2oz container. Let me know if you'd like to join the PIF. I haven't decided on a cut-off date, but I'll give at least 24hrs notice before I cut off the entries. I will have been here for 3 months on 4/24, and I currently have 275 posts. So, it will be somewhere between my 300th post and 3 months on B&B.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thanks for your generosity! Not in, as I already have too much stuff. Or so sez the War Dept.! LOL. Good luck to the eventual winner!

Uncle Jon's will make all of his soaps in the original vegan formula on request. If anyone would be interested but they are vegetarian, go ahead and tell me you are in and put in a request for the vegan formula and if you win I'll order the vegan and have two winners (one of each). The only difference is that the vegan formula supposedly is a little harder to lather but is otherwise just as great a soap (I've never used it so I only know from reputation and reports of those who have used it).

Count me in! I love pipe smoking and straight razor shaving, this sounds terrific! Thanks for the opportunity.

~J. Babcock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in!
I'm always looking to try new artisans,and I'm also starting to get into tobacco scented soaps

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Not in, but awesome PIF Uncle Jon's is a terrific soap. Someone will be very happy with this one, unique scents and top notch performance.

I'd love to try it ... I'm CONAUS and happy to pay shipping. You can't get Uncle Jon's soap here at all.

So I'm in.

I'd love to try it ... I'm CONAUS and happy to pay shipping. You can't get Uncle Jon's soap here at all.

So I'm in.

Wow, that's dangerous...what if you like it and can't get it again? I'm not sure I'd be that brave. I'll put your name in the hat (in fact, that's literally how I'm going to do it- put everyone's name on a piece of paper and draw from a hat)

Wow, that's dangerous...what if you like it and can't get it again? I'm not sure I'd be that brave. I'll put your name in the hat (in fact, that's literally how I'm going to do it- put everyone's name on a piece of paper and draw from a hat)

I could probably buy it direct and pay for shipping but shipping is about the price of another soap and from mensbiz here in Aussie that extra soap gets me into the free shipping.

Thanks for adding my name and doing it Ye Olde style... you should film the draw for posterity. [emoji6][emoji1604]

I'm in as well. I've started eyeballing my mother's dove soap as a potential shaving article so I'm thinking it's time to try upgrades to VDH Deluxe "soap".

I'm conus if that helps.

Hello,
I'm always curious about soaps.
Count me in please.

Congratulations for your PIF and keep enjoying your shavings.

Top Bottom