What's new

Tiki Bar Soap Not delivering what I paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the perks of buying from a small business. There's trade offs. Mistakes can be more prone to happen, but then you get service and responsiveness like we've just seen here.

Amanda, I hope that all of this re-structuring, lower supply, and hectic push to re-stock are all signs that your soaps are taking off and leading you towards promising growth. That might not be too much comfort at the end of an 18 hour work day, especially when there's personal hardships to deal with, but I hope it helps provide a degree of incentive. Without that, those long days somehow feel even longer.

Keep pluggin' along. I like rooting for you li'l artisans, and small businesses in general.

Thanks guys. I really do feel awful about it, but to be honest the way I was treated by the OP who brought forth the claim is why I keep doing what I do - he could have yelled at me and cursed me out, but he didn't. He was very kind and civil and that means the world to me.

No, you don't need to offer any apology! It is totally my fault that it happened, not yours, and I completely and totally 100% own up to that. I am the one that should be offering the apology, not you!!! I just wanted to reply here so that others understood what is going on in general, and what happened, that is all. I just sent your refund for the aftershave and will email your tracking #as soon as I print the label.

The problems the OP had and a couple of your responses to things recently turned me off a bit, but the underlined portion of this quote carries a lot of weight with me. I'll be adding some of your products to my next order with one of your vendors. Well done Amanda. Prayers for you and yours. I've been through some tough stretches a time or two and they never get easier. They just build character. Keep your chin up.

I just placed an order with Maggard's for the Spice Islands soap and it should arrive tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to trying that!

Glad to hear this got resolved. I've ordered from Amanda before and she has been a pleasure to deal with. It seems like this was just an unfortunate series of events and, hopefully, it has been resolved to the OP's satisfaction.

Glad to hear this got resolved. I've ordered from Amanda before and she has been a pleasure to deal with. It seems like this was just an unfortunate series of events and, hopefully, it has been resolved to the OP's satisfaction.
+1 and I can't fault her for trying to build her wholesale business.

And furthermore, can't hold her(or anyone else for that matter) responsible for what other vendors do.

Lastly, consumers sometimes forget that behind these artesian brands are human beings that have lives that do sometimes get in the way. Most of the time, if you asked a family member of any of these business owners, the family member would tell you that business gets in the way of family and takes precedence 99.9% of the time. But there are some instances where life overrides the business. And these are typically not good circumstances when that happens.

I'll continue to order Tiki Products because of a lot of reasons, but most importantly, I like the products. They're great!

I started a thread a few days ago about Tiki not delivering. That thread seems to be locked now and cannot respond.

Amanda sent me the items I was missing from my original order and then some. She went over and above. I wanted to thank Amanda and let everyone know.

I was only missing one aftershave and one soap and this is what I got.

Thank you so much Amanda. [emoji2]

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1417043453855.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417043453855.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 288
Wow!! Talk about making up for the 'error'! Nice. Mistakes happen to anyone, but when a company realizes this, its great when they actually make an effort to fix the issue and make up for it. Very kind of her to go this much over and above.

That right there speaks volumes in terms of the caliber of a company, big or small. I think I might just add a few soaps to my collection in the near future.

This makes me want to try her soaps down the road. I'm glad you had an acceptable resolution to your incomplete order.

Wow, I'm going to order from Tiki and hope they mess up my order! I had been following your previous thread and with all the great things I had heard about Tiki I thought that there had to be just a huge miss communication going on. I'm happy to see that Amanda made up for this and in a big way. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he lives in a place called Tiki.

This makes me want to try her soaps down the road. I'm glad you had an acceptable resolution to your incomplete order.

I work in a customer service industry and I know that there will be customer issues. How you handle the issues is what separates the professionals from the amateurs. Tiki is very professional.

Wow! Well done Amanda! Accidents happen and things slip through the cracks, it's bound to happen. The resolution is what separates the truly good companies from the pack.

Can't wait to burn through enough stuff to justify another order of shaving gear. Look forward to trying out some Tiki.

I'm new to this website and hadn't heard of Tiki before, but I will definitely check out their product selection. I LOVE when companies do things like this. Nothing feels nicer than being personally taken care of.

Wow! Great customer service. Especially since she mentioned that she was swamped with orders and was working 18 hour days regularly. That's absolutely fantastic that she took care of you like that.

That right there speaks volumes in terms of the caliber of a company, big or small. I think I might just add a few soaps to my collection in the near future.

I would disagree. It took numerous emails and eventually a post to a very popular and public forum for this to get resolved. IE: it wasn't until this company was shamed in a very public way that things were made right.

Sure, it's great he got all that free stuff. But real customer service fixes the problem the first time before a grandiose display is needed to attempt to smooth things over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom