What's new

Tie of the Day

My first entry - please excuse the grainy pics. Tie Bar.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 149
Nice ties, gentlemen! I have no pics of the last two days, but today I've snapped a shot of this brown and pink striped tie, which my brother and sister-in-law gave me for Christmas. It was handmade by "his" tailor in Hong Kong (they are musicians and singers and live over there and my brother has discovered the wonders of Hong Kong tailors).

proxy.php

Looking good Jack and Jessy - due to weather issues my work has not required ties, in fact it did not even require me to come in one day! The days we have had to come in were like .... get here safe, get here when you can, wear whatever you want to to stay warm (now that there is a little thaw it was 58 degrees in the office this morning). I am glad to see you all posting and "The Don" joining in ....

Looking good Jack and Jessy - due to weather issues my work has not required ties, in fact it did not even require me to come in one day! The days we have had to come in were like .... get here safe, get here when you can, wear whatever you want to to stay warm (now that there is a little thaw it was 58 degrees in the office this morning). I am glad to see you all posting and "The Don" joining in ....

Brr! Stay warm! Here's today's offering.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1389275456051.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1389275456051.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 126
Nice, Russ! I appreciate the well-centered dimple. What kind of knot is that?

Here's a question for you all. Do any of you struggle with the back of your tie hanging lower than the front? This happens almost always for me, even if I'm tying a full Windsor. I prefer to have the front of my tie hanging just past the top side of my belt buckle, I have a rather thin neck and shorter torso. I'm not a big fan of tucking the back end into my shirt - usually I just end up folding the back end so that it doesn't show. Any other suggestions?

Here's a question for you all. Do any of you struggle with the back of your tie hanging lower than the front? This happens almost always for me, even if I'm tying a full Windsor. I prefer to have the front of my tie hanging just past the top side of my belt buckle, I have a rather thin neck and shorter torso. I'm not a big fan of tucking the back end into my shirt - usually I just end up folding the back end so that it doesn't show. Any other suggestions?
Thanks - the knot is a Shelby/Pratt. I had to laugh, I have never had a problem with the back hanging further down I have the opposite issue it is very short usually - I have a 18" neck, so unless I buy long ties it is always a challenge. We kinda discussed this a few weeks ago - I am have a stocky build, about 5'10", 210 - I blame wrestling in high school for my neck size or genetics - my son just turned 15 a couple weeks ago - he is 5'9", 150 and a 16 1/2" neck ....

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Perhaps a tailor can trim off a few inches from the back end?

Custom-made ties can come in any length.

Depending on the tie, I usually get the back and front to be just about the same length. I usually tie a four-in-hand.

Today it's the orange/blue plaid bowtie from the Tie Bar.

proxy.php

I've been hunting for a plaid tie but hadn't found the right one. Then I was chosen by this excellent wool guy from thetiebar.com. I paired it with this blazer I just got on sale from Banana Republic.

$plaid_wooly.jpg

Top Bottom