What's new

Tie of the Day

Haven't done one of these in a while, bit I figure wearing a suit on Friday warrants such.

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1386944419008.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1386944419008.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 133
Nice ties today, guys. I've gone with a vintage Burberry's yellow with red and blue paisley, which actually was included with this jacket when I bought it on Ebay. The jacket is a vintage Burberry's cashmere tweed and it's really comfortable and soft. It's a shame to hide most of the tie behind a sweater vest, but it's -16C with the wind chill today, so I'm going for warmth over style in this case.

proxy.php

Jack - I really like the "draper strip"
Thanks. They have a whole bunch of different colour combinations in that stripe, which I do enjoy. I have been on a bit of a stripe kick lately, as I seem to be acquiring striped ties at an alarming rate. I'll have to throw in a couple of solids, geometrics or paisleys for my next order from the Tie Bar :001_tongu

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Thanks. They have a whole bunch of different colour combinations in that stripe, which I do enjoy. I have been on a bit of a stripe kick lately, as I seem to be acquiring striped ties at an alarming rate. I'll have to throw in a couple of solids, geometrics or paisleys for my next order from the Tie Bar :001_tongu

Oddly enough, I've not been much into stripes of late. Much more into dots and small, dot-like repeating patterns.

That said, I wore a very nice striped tie yesterday, so ... just goes to show.

You should be very proud of your son. Two fine neck pieces there.

Thanks, I am very proud of him - he picked the tie himself says mine are too wide. Unfortunately, I think he will wind up like me and have a largerish neck - he is 14, almost 15 and has a 16 1/2" neck.

Today's tie brought to you by Daniel Gray.
$photo-5.jpg

Good one today, Russ. I like the combination with the sweater.

Your boy has a bigger neck than me, wow. I'm hovering around a 15 right now and my 15.5 shirts are a bit loose. That said, I'm not complaining, because there is also a corresponding reduction around the waist/belly area (I've dropped 15lb in the past couple of months). I look forward to having some pants taken in! I also just took advantage of a nice one-day sale at The Bay to pick up five new shirts. They are size 15 34/35 Calvin Klein cotton dress shirts and were on a one-day sale for $19.99 down from $70. They make for great everyday shirts. I just hope my neck doesn't continue to shrink, as I haven't found many mid-priced brands with 14.5/34 that I've been able to find. I suppose I could use that as an excuse with SWMBO to shop at Harry Rosen, but I doubt she'd go for it. :001_tongu

Anyway, today it's Tie Bar, again.

proxy.php

Good one today, Russ. I like the combination with the sweater.

Your boy has a bigger neck than me, wow.

Thank you - Yes, he is in good shape 5'9" 150 lbs and the large neck, he trains with me in martial arts and jui jitsu, plus he wrestled in middle school. I have a hard time with shirts that aren't fitted I have to try and get them tailored - I have a 18" neck and go about 205 - apparently my waist should be like a 46 because every shirt looks like a tent on me - I am a 34/36 waist depending on the manufacture.
I still can't pull off a bow tie, I think I look awful - good for you that you can.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Your boy has a bigger neck than me, wow. I'm hovering around a 15 right now and my 15.5 shirts are a bit loose. ... I just hope my neck doesn't continue to shrink, as I haven't found many mid-priced brands with 14.5/34 that I've been able to find.

proxy.php

Look out ... he's a-comin' for ya!

Today a bright green tie - blue shirt, quiet a contrast I think. the colors seem off, but I guess you can't expect perfection from a cell phone. My neck is a little angry from the too aggressive shave - first time using an adjustable (birth year and quarter). I will have to back it down a little I guess.
$photo.jpg

Last edited:
I like the contrast, Russ. I don't have a bold blue shirt like that, but I might have to snag one. Today I'm sporting another Draper stripe from The Tie Bar (can you tell I've been hitting that site a lot lately?). This time, it's "navy, emerald and silver".

proxy.php

I like it Jack, the whole look is nice - especially the pocket square. I am starting a vacation - I maybe have one more tie day this year, then I am off to the PNW and I won't be bringing any ties along - will start again around January 6th. I will be checking the thread daily so keep the thread alive

I like it Jack, the whole look is nice - especially the pocket square. I am starting a vacation - I maybe have one more tie day this year, then I am off to the PNW and I won't be bringing any ties along - will start again around January 6th. I will be checking the thread daily so keep the thread alive
Thanks, Russ. I'm on vacation as of today, but I'll probably still wear a tie a few times over the holidays, at dinners, events and parties. Partly because I enjoy it and partly to look sharp :thumbup:

I hope you have a good vacation.

Today I'm wearing a grey skinny wool, also Tie Bar. I don't often wear black, but a black sweater vest and jeans go along with this, while I'll probably throw on a black corduroy sports jacket before I head out to brave the holiday shopping crowds. Sombre colours for a sombre activity :lol:. I need to touch up the 'stache, judging by this photo.

proxy.php

Top Bottom