What's new

Tie knots?

Afternoon Gents!

I wear a tie everyday and most of the time to with a Pratt knot. Fairly small and symmetrical and seems to go well with everything I throw it at. But, with that said, I love tie knots! And I would love to hear which knots you all prefer. A nice diagram or link to the knot would be awesome, or even just a pic of knot would be cool too!

So without further ado, what's your knot today??

Last edited:
Windsor knot for me. I have a big head, so I like to keep things proportional! I also wear semi-cutaway collars for the most part and XL ties.

I always go double windsor, I think they look the best of the knots I know. Unless I've got a shorter tie which I can make a half windsor pretty symmetrical. I'd venture to guess that most people don't use the full windsor though

If you have an Android install "How to tie a tie".

It has 12 different neck tie knots and 1 for a Bow Tie.

I use it when I feel like a different knot!

Windsor knot for me. I have a big head, so I like to keep things proportional! I also wear semi-cutaway collars for the most part and XL ties.
Lol
I have trouble with a full Windsor. Just never turns out right and is too big for me. Maybe I have a small head

Used to use the half windsor but use a four in hand most often now.
I like the 4 in hand as well but always seem to go to the more symmetrical knots in the end. But there's something about the simple 4 in hand that really seals the deal sometimes.

I always go double windsor, I think they look the best of the knots I know. Unless I've got a shorter tie which I can make a half windsor pretty symmetrical. I'd venture to guess that most people don't use the full windsor though

I use the double windsor myself but I'd have to agree...most don't even know what it is. I have a 18.5" neck so anything less looks weird in my opinion. Then again, I rock the meathead look with a 36" waist so I look weird in a tie regardless.

Four-in-hand for me about 98% of the time. The other 2% might see me break out a Windsor knot on the off-chance I'm wearing my one spread collar shirt or an even slimmer oriental style knot. Otherwise, my shirt collars are meant for a four-in-hand.

Top Bottom