What's new

Ti Tatara will be released in May

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a SS Masamune with Nodachi cap (or look for one on the BST). I think I'd like some experience with a heavier razor than what I'm using.

It's not too late to make changes. I pre-ordered two and had a conversation today. I cancelled my orders for other reasons, but Luis was responsive and helpful. If you are considering changes, I would act sooner rather than later. I used the info@ address given in the pre-order email.
I wrote them this afternoon and haven't gotten a response. But I'm sure it was nightime in Portugal when I wrote so they'll probably respond tomorrow or Monday.

I've decided to cancel and remove myself from the titanium Nodachi list!
After much thought, I don't think it's a good idea to order it without any knowledge of the razor.
I'll wait till others review them and then decide if I'll buy one down the line:confused:

LOL!!
I have thought about the plates and have looked at the different combos. I think I'll probably like the full blown top/bottom Nodachi most. I definitely want blade feel so the Nodachi top cap is a must. The bottom plate I'm still not 100% sure though. The Masamune bottom is .63 and the Nodachi bottom is .90
My Lupo is .72 and my ATT Windsor is .80 and I seem to like those a lot. Anything lower (like the Masamune .63) might not be efficient enough for me. We'll see!
As for the handle, I'll definitely be requesting the shorter Masamune. If I can't get that, it will probably be a no go since I do not like longer handles at all.

Interesting, as it shows how preferences differ.

I prefer the longer handle of the Nodachi (it reminds me of the Gillette Super Adjustable 109 of the late ’60s) and besides the price this ergonomically sized handle was one of the factors that made me decide against the titanium Muramasa (this time… :001_cool: ).

The stock top and bottom caps of Nodachi suit me just fine. On my steel Nodachi, I found that open and closed comb made no difference in efficiency (they have same blade exposure and gap) and - if anything - I like the feel of the closed comb slightly better, so this time I just ordered the closed comb version.

B.

Top Bottom