What's new

Thoughts on the Trafaglar T3

Thinking of adding this to my collection of Simpson brushes and would like to hear some opinions, I have a $50 Amazon credit so any advice on this or a different Simpson would be appreciated, i already have a Commodore and a Berkeley both in Best

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Ok you've thought about it now time to buy one
It became my favourite brush immediately

I only use synthetic brushes. I don't like the wet dog smell from badger brushes. I own a bunch of yaqi synthetics and some high end handles with synthetic knots but the T3 is the best synthetic brush I own.

Slightly smaller, but my T2 is the first synthetic that I actually liked. Other than the T2, I normally view the Synths as great for travel or for newbies, OK on its own, but not as good as Boars or Badgers. For me, of course. So much is subjective.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I like mine, I like the bigger handle and knot. I don’t use it enough as like others here I have far to many brushes now.

I also have the T2 and really like it. I'm sure the larger T3 is also good if you prefer that size knot. Actually the T2 led me down the synthetic rabbit hole. Never liked any I tried until the T2. Now, all I use are synthetics for the most part. They have come a long way in my opinion.

1. The T3 has the knot the Simpson's Synthetic Chubby should have had.

2. It's one of the best brushes Simpson's makes (initially, it was only being sold for $25!)

3. I only use it face lathering and it does a fine job.

4. It does a better job than most synths in holding onto water.

5. It has become one of my favorite synths ( AP Shaveco, Fine, Maggards, RazoRock) out of the brands I own.

marty

I pifed mine as the knot felt too big to me and the handle had an akward balance point. I always feared that it will slip from my fingers. Also it is a soft knot and I prefer a bit of scrub.

So in the end I replaced it with the Yaqi Bali Beehive.

97FD3C76-8DFB-4CBE-8B83-5EBC8996D4EA.jpeg

I have been using the T2 more and more and have really taken to it. I’ll probably pick up the T3 in a couple weeks if anything, for comparison against my 26 and 28mm brushes. The T2 barely works in my existing holder, so there’s another hesitance for me on the T3.

I think my sweet spot is 21-22mm if using my palm bowl or 24 upwards for a larger bowl or face.

Top Bottom