What's new

Thoughts on the Trafaglar T3

I have not enjoyed any of the three Simpsons synthetic brushes I've owned - T2, Chubby 2 or Duke 3. If you're set on a Simpsons synthetic, I would say go for the Trafalgar line - at least they're relatively inexpensive. If you want to use the Amazon credit for something other than a Simpsons synthetic, I can recommend two Yaqi brushes that are sold on Amazon that I really enjoy: my Rainbow Brown (pony) synthetic ($20) and my Moka Express Two Band Badger ($38).

I really like my Simpson T3. I own many badger, boar, and synthetic brushes. The T3 stays if I ever get around to a purge of shave stuff. It's not quite as soft as my Cashmere synthetic but not much is that soft. T3 is still plenty soft without being floppy for me.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Rarely use mine, too big for my preferences and just not digging the synthetic feel. I did however take it for travel, works well enough, holds lather, soft, dries quickly and wouldn’t kill me if I left it behind. Just sayin…

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I used the T3 every day for 28 days in a row while traveling. It’s now in my travel Dopp kit which will live on my boat this boating season along with a Gillette Slim, various blades, a tube of Palmolive and a stick of Arko.

That T3 handle is great for those with large hands. I find it more comfortable than the chubby 3 and much, much more comfortable than the Chubby 2. I actually prefer the sovereign synthetic fibre to the more expensive platinum synthetic fibre. IMHO, it lathers better, drips less and dries more quickly. Definitely worth trying for that low price.

Rarely use mine, too big for my preferences and just not digging the synthetic feel. I did however take it for travel, works well enough, holds lather, soft, dries quickly and wouldn’t kill me if I left it behind. Just sayin…
Precisely how I justified my purchase of a T2. I don’t dislike my Trafalgar, just feel like something is missing. I’m still not sure how I feel about Synths in general, but I can tell you I picked up a Simpson Special - Best shortly after; the Badger was in my last travel rotation.

I am enjoying mine, although it has more backbone than I am used to (I am used to floppy brushes). You could also consider the RazoRock Monster or Big Bruce (probably a better handle than the Monster). I find the knot very similar to my T3.

Top Bottom