What's new

Thoughts on the TFS Rasozero Agrumella ?

Used now twice......getting along really nicely with this soap. Nice citrus smell great performance and pairs nice with a Lavender and or bayrum aftershave.

I have skin reactions to every razorock soap, is it likely I'll react to the agrumella?

depends. By "every razorock soap", can you name some that gave you a reaction?

FWIW, I've tried nearly every TFS and RR soap, and a good number of them give me a reaction as well. There isn't really a rhyme or reason as to why the culprits gave me a reaction. That said, the other 2/3rds are awesome.

FWIW, the Rasozeros are fairly faint in their scent thickness. I think you would be pretty safe with the Agrumella.

Reactions: nav
The Agrumella from Razo Zero, is a great soap, nice lightly scented citrus soap, it's a very hard puck of soap and it will last you a long time. I also have sensitive skin as well, and I have no problem with skin irritation at all from this soap.

I'd argue that all day, a croap is something like Taylor of old bond street, or maybe something like Goodfellas Smile, but my soap from Razo Zero is hard, and it's like a puck, it shows very little wear, and I've been at mine now for 6 months with one to two times a week usage.

But. It's a croap. Also TOBS soaps are hard pucks.

My container of tobs is soft, it’s a cream, it’s like sour cream, it’s not a Puck. It’s not hard it’s never been hard, it won’t ever be hard like a Puck.

My container of razo Zero is also hard, it’s harder then a container of Proraso soap.

TOBS creams are obviously soft because they are creams. I was talking about their soaps in the wooden bowl. I've got around 7 or 8 soaps made by TFS, the manufacturer of Rasozero or how you call it ( razo ZERO). They are all croaps, the company themselves call the Agrumella "CREMA" indicating that the soap is soft. Maybe you got old stock or have dried the soap from airing it for too long.

soaps yeah wooden bowl, hard pucks, plastic container is the cream variant yes. I don't air my soap, I cover them up as soon as I'm done with them actually, I'm weird like that, mine is a harder texture, but is wearing smooth also, I bought it when it first came out, who knows, if it's truly classified as a "croap" that's a bit new to me, croaps to me are things like Cella, Geo F Trumpers cream in the container, which I also have, and TOBS in the plastic round container that are also labeled as creams.

I'm a fan of the Razo Zero line, and honestly I might buy the Spiffero next.

depends. By "every razorock soap", can you name some that gave you a reaction?

FWIW, I've tried nearly every TFS and RR soap, and a good number of them give me a reaction as well. There isn't really a rhyme or reason as to why the culprits gave me a reaction. That said, the other 2/3rds are awesome.

FWIW, the Rasozeros are fairly faint in their scent thickness. I think you would be pretty safe with the Agrumella.

I can't remember the names as it was over 5 years ago but one was oud and it gave me migraines, while others have me skin irritation. I swore of razorock soaps since I had reactions to around 5+ of their soaps.

Good to hear the RZ is lesser in scent strength as I believe the strength of fragrance oils in RR were causing me problems.

The Agrumella from Razo Zero, is a great soap, nice lightly scented citrus soap, it's a very hard puck of soap and it will last you a long time. I also have sensitive skin as well, and I have no problem with skin irritation at all from this soap.

Great, thanks for the feedback!
That gives me confidence to try this soap.

I truly believe you will have no issues, it’s a faint smell of citrus, it’s there but it’s not over whelming. Also as a side note, you’ll get a lot of air and bubbles when you first start to lather it. Didn’t matter if I used a Synthetic or a Badger, just keep working the bubbles and air out, you’ll get a great slick lather. For $3.99 or whatever it is I paid for it. I’d buy it again.

Reactions: nav
I truly believe you will have no issues, it’s a faint smell of citrus, it’s there but it’s not over whelming. Also as a side note, you’ll get a lot of air and bubbles when you first start to lather it. Didn’t matter if I used a Synthetic or a Badger, just keep working the bubbles and air out, you’ll get a great slick lather. For $3.99 or whatever it is I paid for it. I’d buy it again.
Your description of the lathering, starting with lots of air and bubbles, is exactly what I get with the RR What the Puck? soaps, too. At first I thought the soap was not going to work for me, but it is exactly as you say: if you keep working the lather the bubbles go away, the lather becomes nice and creamy, and it shaves great.

i'm going to use Razo Zero Agrumella tomorrow, just because it's that good of a soap. My only complaint is that the label isn't water proof, but that's so minor on a $3.99 soap.

Last edited:
TFS Rasozero Agrumella SOTD
SOTD-FS-Y_2020-10-14.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Fine Aluminum Slant
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (6)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella*

A great shave. :cornut:

On the progress chart the shaves just get better (till I hit another trough that is). :letterk1:

I'm really loving the TFS Budget Line. Simple scents (to stop my nose and brain from getting confused) and oh-so-easy to use. On saying that, I've only tried the Agrumella (and am already considering purchasing the 1kg block!).

* I added a 0.4g Menthol Crystal to my (nearly full) 100ml bottle of ASL. That gave me a really pleasant five minute post-shave chill.
I love it when experiments work out well. :velva2:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
The Cyril Salter cream is a different one, I think that's made by Creightons - who's creams can all be identified by the same 5 first ingredients; a bit like the one you suggest. The Cyril Salter one I mentioned was the small hard puck of soap, found here.

I completely agree about the lack of glycerine leading to a less glide & creaminess and I'd like to add it lacks a bit of slickness. IMO, the lack of glycerine makes a difference between Vitos Green (without) & Red (with). The TFS Agrumella is still a fine shaving soap, it's scent is very pleasing and the performance is solid.

I've not tried the soap being discussed here. My view of soaps at this point is the most expensive soaps I own are the ones I don't use; I have boxes and stacks of those. I don't plan to buy more any time soon (but obviously could change my mind).

How much do we buy soaps for performance as opposed to scent? I can't answer that question for anyone else, but I'm much more about soap performance than scent (unless the scent is bad or disagreeable to me).

My daily driver soap is Vitos Red. I also use Vitos Green occasionally. I would think their performance would be significantly different due to the presence of glycerin in the Red and its absence in the Green (as you noted), but I don't actually see much difference it the performance of Vitos Green and Vitos Red. Why do I like the Red better and reach for it instead of the Green? Truly I have no idea, but I know I like the Red better.

Strange? I think so.

I'm glad to see another Italian soap, particularly one that's inexpensive and available in the Kg size, be available and favorably received.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I've not tried the soap being discussed here. My view of soaps at this point is the most expensive soaps I own are the ones I don't use; I have boxes and stacks of those. I don't plan to buy more any time soon (but obviously could change my mind).

How much do we buy soaps for performance as opposed to scent? I can't answer that question for anyone else, but I'm much more about soap performance than scent (unless the scent is bad or disagreeable to me).

My daily driver soap is Vitos Red. I also use Vitos Green occasionally. I would think their performance would be significantly different due to the presence of glycerin in the Red and its absence in the Green (as you noted), but I don't actually see much difference it the performance of Vitos Green and Vitos Red. Why do I like the Red better and reach for it instead of the Green? Truly I have no idea, but I know I like the Red better.

Strange? I think so.

I'm glad to see another Italian soap, particularly one that's inexpensive and available in the Kg size, be available and favorably received.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I agree with your observations. Vitos Red is one of my favourite soaps, but I like the Green one as well and when it comes to scents & performance, I always look for the latter as due to having sensitive skin/most soaps with any kind of scent making my face burn the choice of soaps isn't as large as it is for many.

Vitos aside, it's great to see TFS with some new soaps that can be bought by the 'panetto'. There are 4 varieties of TFS soaps that can be bought for around £10 for a kilo of soap from Connaught Shaving in the UK.

I just used Raso Zero today again, it really makes such a nice lather and it's so easy to create. I really enjoy the lemon scent as well, it's a real performer, and I can now see the bottom of the container, so that means my time is slowly coming to an end! I've had this soap now almost a year and while it hasn't been used everyday, or every week for that matter, I've gotten a ton of shaves out it. At first I'd use it twice a week, and then I moved on to a few other scents, but for the most part it's gotten monthly use at the least. You really can't go wrong with this stuff, and I'm tempted to pull the trigger on the green as I'm thinking it might be a proraso green clone? Not too sure though.

Jim, the Cyril R. Salter puck is selling at around $4 (Connaught) and it is a very good tallow hard soap with a high glicerine content.
Weighing 2.5 oz it's a great choice to refill an Old Spice mug, or like a do, a ceramic ramekin.

Top Bottom