What's new

Thoughts on the TFS Rasozero Agrumella ?

I was thinking of buying the TFS Rasozero Agrumella because I saw on the ingredients' list that it contains lemon and orange (generally scents that I enjoy) but also bergamot. Are the bergamot notes high or low? Also what's the general scent? Thanks in advance.

I have all three rasozeros and nearly every tcheon fung sing soap. I’m a big fan.

1. For some reason the agrumella shaves noticeably better than the spiffero and the tobacco. In fact, it shaves awesome. Somewhere in the top third of tfs soaps.

2. It smells like straight up lemon. Kind of like dish soap, but not in a bad way. I don’t get much bergamot at all. I think their scent trees can be a bit ambitious, but I’m not a super smeller.

I bought a kilo of it from gifts and more in Spain.

I have all three rasozeros and nearly every tcheon fung sing soap. I’m a big fan.

1. For some reason the agrumella shaves noticeably better than the spiffero and the tobacco. In fact, it shaves awesome. Somewhere in the top third of tfs soaps.

2. It smells like straight up lemon. Kind of like dish soap, but not in a bad way. I don’t get much bergamot at all. I think their scent trees can be a bit ambitious, but I’m not a super smeller.

I used the Agrumella today and I'd say the scent description above is accurate.

I've only used it the once which is far too early to gain an impression of a shaving soap but I think it is a good one.

Straight up lemon? :001_tt1: If it wasn't for the fact that i am overloaded with soaps from the previous years, i 'd grab a kilo of Agrumella immediately! It would become my Martin de Candre! I love a simple lemon scent and i like the price too!

Thank you!

Straight up lemon? :001_tt1: If it wasn't for the fact that i am overloaded with soaps from the previous years, i 'd grab a kilo of Agrumella immediately! It would become my Martin de Candre! I love a simple lemon scent and i like the price too!

Thank you!
DR Harris has a very nice lemon scented soap too (Arlington). I've only smelled their aftershave and I don't know if the soap is that strong a scent. Quite expensive for my budget.

DR Harris has a very nice lemon scented soap too (Arlington). I've only smelled their aftershave and I don't know if the soap is that strong a scent. Quite expensive for my budget.

Yes, Arlington is EUR 20 + shipping here. Not exactly a bargain... I can get Omega Via Barberia Fructi for EUR 8.50 + shipping. It's more grapefruit than lemon, but i like citrusy in general.

Or... 1kg of Razozero Agrumella for about EUR 10! :001_302:

Yes, Arlington is EUR 20 + shipping here. Not exactly a bargain... I can get Omega Via Barberia Fructi for EUR 8.50 + shipping. It's more grapefruit than lemon, but i like citrusy in general.

Or... 1kg of Razozero Agrumella for about EUR 10! :001_302:

The Cyril R Salter tallow soap is a lot cheaper than DR Harris and it's very close in scent to DR Harris Arlington, I found another soap with the same scent - there's a chance they could all come from the same factory.

I used the TFS Agrumella today, of the many Italian croaps I have used the lather is good but not one of the best and it doesn't seem sit very well on my face, it smells great though and for all soaps YMMV as ever.

The new TFS soaps are very cheap and I'd recommend anyone who's interested in checking them out.

The Cyril R Salter tallow soap is a lot cheaper than DR Harris and it's very close in scent to DR Harris Arlington, I found another soap with the same scent - there's a chance they could all come from the same factory.

I used the TFS Agrumella today, of the many Italian croaps I have used the lather is good but not one of the best and it doesn't seem sit very well on my face, it smells great though and for all soaps YMMV as ever.

The new TFS soaps are very cheap and I'd recommend anyone who's interested in checking them out.

Surprisingly enough, i found Salter here, but in cream (tub). EUR 20 in a shop (or EUR 68 in Amazon).

Yes, i compared the ingredients and it's probably the same base as the Figaro croap. Ingredients and order are the same and they change only in the end (scents). The problem with that soap base, is the complete lack of glycerine. So it is very easy to lather, but it lacks a bit in glide and creaminess, because there is no glycerine to help there.

So, in this case, boosting the soap helps quite a bit. I 've used the Figaro croap boosted and it's fine. It's a cheap but honest soap. Boosted it becomes much better, because it can use the glycerine.

Surprisingly enough, i found Salter here, but in cream (tub). EUR 20 in a shop (or EUR 68 in Amazon).

Yes, i compared the ingredients and it's probably the same base as the Figaro croap. Ingredients and order are the same and they change only in the end (scents). The problem with that soap base, is the complete lack of glycerine. So it is very easy to lather, but it lacks a bit in glide and creaminess, because there is no glycerine to help there.

So, in this case, boosting the soap helps quite a bit. I 've used the Figaro croap boosted and it's fine. It's a cheap but honest soap. Boosted it becomes much better, because it can use the glycerine.

The Cyril Salter cream is a different one, I think that's made by Creightons - who's creams can all be identified by the same 5 first ingredients; a bit like the one you suggest. The Cyril Salter one I mentioned was the small hard puck of soap, found here.

I completely agree about the lack of glycerine leading to a less glide & creaminess and I'd like to add it lacks a bit of slickness. IMO, the lack of glycerine makes a difference between Vitos Green (without) & Red (with). The TFS Agrumella is still a fine shaving soap, it's scent is very pleasing and the performance is solid.

The Cyril Salter cream is a different one, I think that's made by Creightons - who's creams can all be identified by the same 5 first ingredients; a bit like the one you suggest. The Cyril Salter one I mentioned was the small hard puck of soap, found here.

I completely agree about the lack of glycerine leading to a less glide & creaminess and I'd like to add it lacks a bit of slickness. IMO, the lack of glycerine makes a difference between Vitos Green (without) & Red (with). The TFS Agrumella is still a fine shaving soap, it's scent is very pleasing and the performance is solid.

Oh, same name, different manufacturer! Strange. Thank you. I think nobody sells the soap here.

Oh yes, my mistake. By "glide", i intend slickness. And yes, the Vitos red main reason of existence is the glycerine.

Tried the soap today the first time (got it yesterday). It's a cheap soap (3,85 EUR / 125ml tub).

Very good performance. Scent to me is almost 1:1 like a citrus sorbet. Phantastic. I have to get the aftershave!

Tried the soap today the first time (got it yesterday). It's a cheap soap (3,85 EUR / 125ml tub).

Very good performance. Scent to me is almost 1:1 like a citrus sorbet. Phantastic. I have to get the aftershave!

I still love the soap and it kills me nobody imports the splash. We can’t buy alcohol splashes from overseas without special licenses.

Finally bought it today with the matching AS. For me it's the Proraso killer, nice simple scent of lemon and at 3.50 euros you can't go wrong. It eerily reminds me of RazoRock soaps but 1/3 of the price. Very impressed.

I wish someone in North America would import the aftershave. We can’t get it here.

Btw, it resembles Razorock because it essentially is the same thing. Tcheon fung sing makes lots of Razorock stuff.

That's good to know. I will get Barbacco next to see how it compares to RR's Puros :)
Those are completely different scents though. Barbacco smells like a marshmallow. Puros smells like sweet and spicy cigars.

I guess you could get Razorock classic and compare it to figaro red or the tfs red traditional.

Marshmallow huh... we're dealing with con artists! They claim that the scent is tobacco, how dare they. :a13:

So i pulled the trigger on this a few days ago and it's set to be delivered here on December 2nd, I'll certainly keep you boys in the loop with how it shaves and what I think of it.

E30E64F7-BA93-492C-B71B-9215644AA509.jpeg

This stuff smells awesome, very lemonish and fresh. I can’t wait to use it. Dare I say kind of like Arko

Top Bottom