What's new

Thinking of buying a 1978 birth year razor.

Well I am thinking of purchasing a 1978 razor. What all was available from that time and what would be best. I have a slim adjustable and a fatboy on the way. I want quality and no plastic.

Well I am thinking of purchasing a 1978 razor. What all was available from that time and what would be best. I have a slim adjustable and a fatboy on the way. I want quality and no plastic.

Well, you're a little out of luck on the plastic side of things. 1978 (In the US at least) gave us the black handle Super Speed, black handle Super Adjustable (sadly, with the plastic base plate, not the metal one), and... ME! I'm a Y-4:lol:
I have both the SS and SA, and it just comes down to if you want adjustable or not. I'd say the aren't quite the quality of earlier models, but still very nice. I have a couple of duplicate quarters of SS, let me know if you're interested.

Hmm. Yeah. Kind of out of luck with the cool razors in 1978, IMHO. (I'm in no better shape, 1974)

Maybe your better looking at your dads birth year. They had all the cool s@#t! And they didn't even know it. Bet they were thinking "man, I bet by the year 2009, razors will have, like, five blades and they will shave like a fiend, man! One pass, no ingrown's, no razor burn, It'll be sweet! Man, we'll just squirt the shaving cream out of a can, man! And blades will last forever, 'cause they've got, like, five blades and production improvements will mean that they cost almost nothing! Wow, I can't wait for the future."

Suckers.

Top Bottom