What's new

Think I'm done with forums!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I am learning how to be more gentlemanly. I am a bit of a jerk. Selfish, self centered. This forum helps me as I don't really socialize much outside of work.
I wish I had no personal experience with this. I’m trying to be less of a curmudgeon as I age. It’s a daunting task.

I’m finding that being nice to people makes me feel good, so that’s a win/win. It doesn’t make me less selfish, but it does make me more pleasant to be around. <eg>

I find I look less and less with this excellent forum. I've been getting excellent shaves, should I say with some higher priced equipment..
I've been using a feather asd2 with Att backup, and alternate between 2 quality brushes, SV badger and chubby 2 synthetic.
Soaps need to suite my sometimes sensitive face, proraso, SV, meißner when I can get it, and best of all, Musgo Real creams, which are absolutely top tier .
I don't feel any need for other stuff.
Ok.

I wish I had no personal experience with this. I’m trying to be less of a curmudgeon as I age. It’s a daunting task.

I’m finding that being nice to people makes me feel good, so that’s a win/win. It doesn’t make me less selfish, but it does make me more pleasant to be around. <eg>
Go join Rotary or the Optimists or Lions. Just not the Elks. Those SOBs drink like fish! ;)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Taking a break is fine too, sometimes forums (screen time) can be consuming. Turn off and tune in….to family/nature and the gym 😍. Just don’t stop enjoying your shaves!

This is a great suggestion. I was thinking about this myself within the next couple of months. I would return, but just take a holiday for a while. Although...if Wolfman contacts me...yeah, I'd better stick around some. 🤣

This is a great suggestion. I was thinking about this myself within the next couple of months. I would return, but just take a holiday for a while. Although...if Wolfman contacts me...yeah, I'd better stick around some. 🤣
I love some of the conversations here but I can see where the threads 'about what _____ did you use today?' might get a little old with the steady diet of them. And while I like well taken photos as much as the next guy, just photos of what someone used for, say, their shave that day, without describing it a little, might get a bit old. Very similar to when I was merely an observer here a decade or so ago just with new members, razors, brushes, and boutique products. That said, this is still the place to come to talk shaving although there's a bit less activity than there once was (all forums have suffered from competition like facebook, reddit, instagram, etc.).

I could know everything about shaving, have a World Class shave set up, but I would NEVER leave Badger & Blade.
The camaraderie here is tops. Yes, I will openly say that I find that a few, and VERY few, do come across as being a bit above. But, hey, the ones that create the fun, far outweigh ALL of that.
Where else would I continue to get my spelling lessons if I abandoned @FarmerTan !?!?

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I could know everything about shaving, have a World Class shave set up, but I would NEVER leave Badger & Blade.
The camaraderie here is tops. Yes, I will openly say that I find that a few, and VERY few, do come across as being a bit above. But, hey, the ones that create the fun, far outweigh ALL of that.
Where else would I continue to get my spelling lessons if I abandoned @FarmerTan !?!?
The nice thing about being married to a retired English teacher is I get my love letters back with the spelling korreckted.

Top Bottom