What's new

Them old Bucks...

Yeah, they're old and out dated, heavy and hard to carry in a pocket, but I just love these knives.

I may have more Buck knives than anything else in my collection and that's saying a lot because my primary focus over the years has been Victorinox/Wenger Swiss Army knives.

Anyone else got a fondness for the old hunter Bucks, especially the 110? I think it's one of the best "no frills" camping/hunting knives out there that isn't a fixed blade. The 112 is its ugly little brother but built just as well.

20230224_213657.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Like @Rosseforp , I have a small Buck 505. I bought mine in the early 80s, when I wore a suit for work but wanted to carry a small pocket knife. I also have a small Case that I used then... as well as two small stainless steel Spyderco knives with that textured rubber inlaid on both sides of the handle.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
The top Spyderco is a Manix 2. My EDC is a Spyderco Native 5 with the old spear point blade. That might be my favorite knife.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have had a few Buck items (knives and multitools) in the past, and they were good tools. I don't get along with backlocks though, so never owned one of the iconic ones. The only Buck I own these days is an X-Tract Essential.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Very nice old Native. I was actually talking about the 2 steel handled Spydercos with Rubber inlays. I believe the larger one is either a Pro-Hunter or Pro-Grip but I struggle to place the smaller one.
I don't think I ever knew the names of them. We had a great knife shop about half an hour away from where we lived in PA. I got them both there.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
It was THE 1970s carry.

Bought a new one, still nice, but. Dated and with issues noted in post No1.

Do have one with a neat horizontal sheath here somewhere ... Have the impression I could snap the blade, but a plane crash wouldn't damage the brass handle.

AA

Top Bottom