What's new

The wonder drug WITCHHAZEL

I know i have not stumbled on something new here but Distilled Witchhazel is as the title states a Cure for any problems shaving related.
I have been using it for a short while, its the cheap bottle of funny looking liquid what can be normally found in old ladies dressing tables. It costs less than a pound and can be bought from any Drugstore/ chemist.
It stops razor burn , lumps, ingrowing hairs hell i have even used it on bee
stings and bruises and it worked.
I have spent a fortune on balms and lotions and potions of every make and price and this is the best.
Use it like an aftershave and you will not buy anything else.
On a downside it does smell a bit nasty!

I can tell that after the worst shave EVER yesterday from a terrible barber. The witchhazel worked WONDERS for my face and neck!!

I have looked everywhere but it is not sold in the Uk. So i have resigned myself to smelling like a cross between Tcp and neat alcohol.

I have looked everywhere but it is not sold in the Uk. So i have resigned myself to smelling like a cross between Tcp and neat alcohol.

check out the b/s/t and there is a thread for a group buy of thayers...lemon is awesome!! lavender is nice as well. Works wonders. I pay $8-$9 locally and still thinks it a great deal. I could probably chintz but what the hell.

What a shame, I posted a thread a week ago to see if anyone would be interested in me ordering some from the US. I had so little interested that I only ordered 4 bottles; 2 for myself, and 2 to sell (which are sold). :frown:

You might want to order anyway. I got them from iHerb.com (which someone else recommended). I think it works out cheaper than eBay from the US.

If you have a search on Google, there's also a $5.00 discount voucher for iHerb on your first order. :smile:

I know i have not stumbled on something new here but Distilled Witchhazel is as the title states a Cure for any problems shaving related.
I have been using it for a short while, its the cheap bottle of funny looking liquid what can be normally found in old ladies dressing tables. It costs less than a pound and can be bought from any Drugstore/ chemist.
It stops razor burn , lumps, ingrowing hairs hell i have even used it on bee
stings and bruises and it worked.
I have spent a fortune on balms and lotions and potions of every make and price and this is the best.
Use it like an aftershave and you will not buy anything else.

You can mix witch hazel with something that smells better.
I got a bottle of Lucky Tiger witch hazel and a bottle of their Bay Rum after shave and I just mixed them together and got Bay Rum witch hazel.

Just be careful when you buy the stuff. Alot of the cheap stuff sold with drug store names is watered down and is mostly water and alcohol. The dickenson's is quality stuff. Thayers is great but is pricey but contains other herbal ingredients.

The Thayer's stuff is pro, the Medicated Superhazel is ridiculously soothing, especially after a rough shave.

I have had success with adding a few drops of 100 % Wintergreen Oil and 100% Peppermint Oil. It smells good and adds a nice cooling sensation.

If you try it out remember to add the oil slowly - it is potent stuff. You can always add more.

I bought a bottle of Dickinson's WH yesterday and just splashed some on my face. It tightens the skin without drying it out. An interesting product... I think I like it. :cool:

I'm a big fan of Thayer's Medicated Superhazel. You really don't need anything else, but I like to put on another AS afterwards since the very pleasant fragrance they have in the Superhazel fades instantly.

Has anyone tried Humphrey's?

I have a bottle of it at home, costs about $4.25 US.

A bit smelly, but fades quickly.

Thayers has Rose petal and Lavender Witch Hazel. Not so much on the manly side, but it works.
Agreed, Lefty!! I won't buy any more Lavender after my current bottle is used up. Smells very "grandmotherly", which was fine for her but not for a man! I quickly cover it up with some Clubman or Musgo Real.

Top Bottom