What's new

The value of a brand new Super Adjustable

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the value of a brand new Gillette Super Adjustable will be. Supposedly it is in original factory packaging and that guy is asking $150 for it.... and since it is "brand new" with "factory packaging" is it possible that it is a fake?

Hey guys,

Does anyone know what the value of a brand new Gillette Super Adjustable will be. Supposedly it is in original factory packaging and that guy is asking $150 for it.... and since it is "brand new" with "factory packaging" is it possible that it is a fake?

It's probably real, but I wouldn't pay that for it. Half that would be on the high side if it's perfect mint on the card.

V

VR6ofpain

I bought one off eBay for $79.55...and it is sealed in the package. I thought it was more than worth it:

proxy.php

$150 seems a little steep to me.

My Super Adjustable is possibly my favorite razor. However, I would not pay $150 for it. I guess it is just me, and I am not for collecting - I use mine - so I don't really feel any pressure to ever spend more than $40 for a razor. Beyond that, I believe the law of diminishing returns kicks in. If you shave with it, I find it hard to believe that a $150 safety razor is going to take my whiskers off any better than my Slant, Super, or Ever-ready, and my total cost for all 3 amounts to $70.

I'd rather buy a whole bunch of soaps/creams/colognes.

If you're going to shave with it, I would pick up a loose one from ebay. I got mine from an antique shop for eight bucks. :001_smile

Thanks guys,

I have one that I got for about $12 from an antique shop. I haven't cleaned it up yet but since this was new in box and everything I thought I'd ask if it was worth it as a collector.

Top Bottom