What's new

The Thin Blue Smoke Thread VII- BBQ at the B&B 2015

I'd have gone for the ribeye, but the wife's on a health kick :( these are hand cut by a mom&pop grocer. They let me hang a hog in their cooler, leading up to the Fourth of July, so I don't mind spending a little extra on their meat selection.

I'd have gone for the ribeye, but the wife's on a health kick :( these are hand cut by a mom&pop grocer. They let me hang a hog in their cooler, leading up to the Fourth of July, so I don't mind spending a little extra on their meat selection.

Post of the week!

Post of the week!
A friend of mine raises the hog for me, on his ranch. None of the local meat processors will hang it, due to "health regulations"(because I didn't buy from them). So we butcher and scald it ourselves on the weekend before the Fourth and it hangs at the grocer till the night of the Third.

Invite sent!!!

That is a lot of work to clean a hog. To be honest, I am not a fan of whole hog cooking ,even a small hog can leave you with over cooked and somewhat not optimally cooked parts. I would rather break it up and cook each piece to perfection. Feel free to disregard this as I have no credibility being from NYC anyway. I will bring my special Hog wash sauce.

That is a lot of work to clean a hog. To be honest, I am not a fan of whole hog cooking ,even a small hog can leave you with over cooked and somewhat not optimally cooked parts. I would rather break it up and cook each piece to perfection. Feel free to disregard this as I have no credibility being from NYC anyway. I will bring my special Hog wash sauce.
Last years hog turned out almost perfect. You can document this years extravaganza, if you can hold the camera with a beer in your hand!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Last years hog turned out almost perfect. You can document this years extravaganza, if you can hold the camera with a beer in your hand!

This'll work

Attachments

• $beerhat.png
    $beerhat.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 92
At work the other day we grilled some hamburgers, I also used my disk to cook up 10 pounds of spicy italian sausage, some garlic, peppers and onions

Attachments

• $20150603_173712.jpg
    $20150603_173712.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 77
  • $20150603_174659.jpg
    $20150603_174659.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 78
  • $20150603_180715.jpg
    $20150603_180715.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 78
Sous Vide Short Ribs:

72 hours at 131 degrees. Seared over lump. Dipped in Mad Moroccan sauce. Seared again. Simple beefy goodness.

I have the WSM fired up taking the Auber PID for a ride, with 2 pork tenderloins on. For Memorial Day we did a 7.5# butt that took 17 hours...but it was so dang good.

Still getting used to cooking on charcoal, been a gasser since I was a kid. I don't see myself going back either :lol:

Did some striploins up and tinfoil potatoes with oil, margarine, salt, pepper, garlic, and dill with thick sliced onions to top them off. Steak was amazingly tender. I have never gotten them to be this good before.

Still getting used to cooking on charcoal, been a gasser since I was a kid. I don't see myself going back either [emoji38]

Did some striploins up and tinfoil potatoes with oil, margarine, salt, pepper, garlic, and dill with thick sliced onions to top them off. Steak was amazingly tender. I have never gotten them to be this good before.

That's downright beautiful!

Top Bottom