What's new

The stuff you find out in town.

There is a cutlery/random stuff shop out in town I decided to pop into in the idle hopes of finding a hone. While browsing though the over crammed display case I started wondering if there may be anything worth it hiding in the back and sure enough wedged in with some poket knives is a late 50's fat boy (F-1?), still in the case with the blue blades still wrapped up.

Almost bought it there but have decided to give it 24 hours before I spend the 4000 yen they want.

i found a institute karite soap while out drinking with some friends, kind of weird being out drinking in a bar with a puck of soap in my jacket pocket,

There is a cutlery/random stuff shop out in town I decided to pop into in the idle hopes of finding a hone. While browsing though the over crammed display case I started wondering if there may be anything worth it hiding in the back and sure enough wedged in with some poket knives is a late 50's fat boy (F-1?), still in the case with the blue blades still wrapped up.

Almost bought it there but have decided to give it 24 hours before I spend the 4000 yen they want.

Do you need the japanese instruction? :wink:

http://www.mr-razor.com/Anleitungen/1964 Slim Japan.jpg

Congrats on such a Great find. Keep looking in the corners you find great stuff pushed in the back out of the way.

Oh royalcrown, how I absolutely loathe you.

I've been looking around for a Fatboy for weeks but can't seem to find a nice-looking one without spending more than $50.

This thread inspired me to go DE hunting in the antique shops near me, but I guess the rule is that if you go in with your hopes up, you'll pretty much never find anything :lol:

or maybe I should just take a trip to Japan!

Top Bottom