What's new

The one you'd pick

Straights weren't mentioned much above. I knew there were a lot of SE and DE shavers here. But, till now I really didn't know how much they dominated.

My favorite would be a 5/8 straight razor, half hollow grind, with a round tip or Spanish point with a fairly pronounced smile (from the manufacturer.) The color would be black. The constuction would be a frameback or some sort of construction without crevices into which residue can build up.

I'd have to say my Matador Deluxe. But i recently got a british #15 I'm trying to get the hang of.

The matador is quite agressive and pretty heavy piece but I've gotten great results with Shark blades. But this will probably change when I get a bit more experience with other razors and my technique gets more polished.

The Gillette New (long combs) has recently blown my mind and I just don't think anything can out perform it for me.

J.

Even though it's not my favorite I'd pick my 1904..........simply because it introduced me to the wonderful world of DE shaving and you guys!!

Interesting replies. Mostly DEs, some SEs and a few straights...but no injectors mentioned. So I'll be the first: Pal Adjustable. Closest thing to a one pass BBS I've ever had.

Have to be one of these...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Though in fairness to your question (value/sentimental reasons excluded) one of these Single Rings would arguably do just as well (for that matter, so would an Old Type ABC Pocket Edition). But it'd be an Old Type for sure!

proxy.php

proxy.php
There's always one??? Isn't there.:001_rolle:001_rolle:001_rolle

Paul Revere Injector, just ahead of my 1912's and Jung's Special straight. But! That choice is only dependent on getting suitable blades for both SE's. That is what we are really talking about form factor aside.

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Tough one, I want to say Merkur Slant, but I'm going to say my Slim Adjustable. It's nice to have the abililty to dial down for those days where you might want a very mild shave and vice versa.

She'll do nicely, link :biggrin1:

But just in case she won't count as a razor;
DE: Gillette Tech, fat handle loaded with Feather
Str8: 6/8" Le Grelot, old forging

Top Bottom