What's new

The Official "Showing Your Age" Thread

The first TV Show I remember. Watched it on an old Arvin TV. Howdy Doody, Buffalo Bob and Clarabell.
A07E618D-7D10-488E-9DFA-57EE1E9E2F4A.png

This is the kind of car my parents drove when I was small.

1600096017321.png

I almost managed to kill myself when I was around 18 months old, because I was sitting unsecured in the front passenger seat while my mother was driving, and opened the door to look out. Got a good 20mph look at the crushed pea gravel that made up the surface of South Indiana Avenue in West Bend, Wis. that day before my mother hauled me back in. Kids can't do things like that anymore.

Last edited:

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers

View attachment 1154797

I almost managed to kill myself when I was around 18 months old, because I was sitting unsecured in the front passenger seat while my mother was driving, and opened the door to look out. Got a good 20mph look at the crushed pea gravel that made up the surface of South Indiana Avenue in West Bend, Wis. that day before my mother hauled me back in. Kids can't do things like that anymore.
I took my first driving test to get my license in a Buick just like that

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
When people talk about a Space Shuttle blowing up, I think about the school teacher on board.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.

View attachment 1154797

You were lucky.

And that motorcar has 4 headlight.

The year before I was able to drink in Texas, they upped the drinking age to 19.
Used to ride in the back of a pickup on the wheel humps as a child.
Never heard of a bicycle helmet as a kid.
Would get home from school with no one to supervise me.
There were 5 VHF channels and 1 UHF channel in DFW area.
My first computer was an Atari 400.

The year before I was able to drink in Texas, they upped the drinking age to 19.
Used to ride in the back of a pickup on the wheel humps as a child.
Never heard of a bicycle helmet as a kid.
Would get home from school with no one to supervise me.
There were 5 VHF channels and 1 UHF channel in DFW area.
My first computer was an Atari 400.
Star Raiders!

When I was a kid (Canada) there was no KFC. Colonel Saunders sold his KFC franchise in the states, moved to Canada and started Scott’s Chicken Villa. It later became KFC.

When I was a kid (Canada) there was no KFC. Colonel Saunders sold his KFC franchise in the states, moved to Canada and started Scott’s Chicken Villa. It later became KFC.

Yup . . . met the good Colonel at a Mississauga Scott's when I was a young lad. He funded a significant portion of the Trillium Healthcare Centre in that City.

It was 1972. I was 14. And a boot boy. (Skinhead with long hair for the uninitiated...)

BCFD2FBA-A047-4472-B5B6-9730CE5505A6.jpeg

4FDB3D31-C755-41DC-8071-C739C6B0DCF1.jpeg

Now I’m a skinhead thanks to nature rather than the barber. And grown up. Still, the boot boy spirit sometimes lives on ...

Last edited:
Excluding my wife of 50+ years, my longest crush is my avatar, Musidora, from the 1915, 7 hour, French silent film "Les Vampires". Greta Garbo is also in the running.

Last edited:
Top Bottom