What's new

The Official "Showing Your Age" Thread

proxy.php

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Thinking about freebee ice scrapers reminded me of freebee pencils. Not the full-sized ones with advertisement on the side, but the shorter wooden ones with metal caps on both ends. The ones I remember were put out by fertilizer or seed companies. Haven't seen one of those since the 1960s.

Half day of work today being New Year's eve so I read the whole thread. One freebee I recall were the fake neatly folded handkerchiefs that were 80% dry-cleaner business card and 20% fake handkerchief. Lot's of folk used them . . . made for a complete ensemble with a nice clip on tie.

Watched all these movies when they came out: Easy Rider, The Graduate, Midnight Cowboy. Saw the first 2 in a drive-in.
I remember vividly in the 7th grade, teacher announcing President Kennedy had been shot. We were ushered out to the playground. All the girls crying.
In High School typing class, everyone was learning on manual typewriters. They brought in the latest thing called an electric typewriter. Just one per class. But we all got to try it out.

Top Bottom