What's new

The "Not Gillette" Vintage DE Thread

Quite so. Love mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Cool grille on it eh? 1950 Buick designers must have had one too.
1950 Buick.jpg

Thanks for that. A-4 shows the comb on upside down from a-3. I thought I had it straight. Now I am not so sure which way it goes. Various pics show it both ways.

There's a difference visible though. Check the guiding posts on the topcap. Long: open side up. Short: open side down.

There's a difference visible though. Check the guiding posts on the topcap. Long: open side up. Short: open side down.
Ahh! I have the long posts ie. open side up. Cool.

I shaved with it yesterday after it had been sitting in the display case for a while. I shaved once with it when I first got it. I had forgotten that although a bit fiddly to get the blade straight it shaves as well as just about any other I own. Except the Toggle of course.

Some time ago I was showing here my different Gerbault razors, and I am very happy to show you a new one I didn't know existed, that I recently added to my collection :

Here it is next to the others :

This T-bar one is 72 grams for 8.2cm, while the "regular" one is 77 grams for 8.2cm. I was happy to find blades as well to complete my sets. Still missing that 4-part one :D

Some time ago I was showing here my different Gerbault razors, and I am very happy to show you a new one I didn't know existed, that I recently added to my collection :

Here it is next to the others :

This T-bar one is 72 grams for 8.2cm, while the "regular" one is 77 grams for 8.2cm. I was happy to find blades as well to complete my sets. Still missing that 4-part one :D

Wow, beautiful Thomas!!! Color me impressed :a46:

Thank you Sirs ! If you look closely at its head you will see it's completely bent and warped and worthless shavewise T_T but it still looks nice ^^

Thank you Sirs ! If you look closely at its head you will see it's completely bent and warped and worthless shavewise T_T but it still looks nice ^^

Hello Cha-wing. If this is the razor that was sold a couple of weeks ago, on the french version of the Bay (quite inexpensively if I recall correctly (congratulations!), along with another razor the brand of which I cannot recall), then I must say I'm happy to hear that the razor is "warped and worthless shave wise". I feel a bit better now. I really wanted to bid, but the seller wouldn't ship to Canada!

Hello Cha-wing. If this is the razor that was sold a couple of weeks ago, on the french version of the Bay (quite inexpensively if I recall correctly (congratulations!), along with another razor the brand of which I cannot recall), then I must say I'm happy to hear that the razor is "warped and worthless shave wise". I feel a bit better now. I really wanted to bid, but the seller wouldn't ship to Canada!

Hi there, hehe yes it is ! Indeed the price was way lower than expected, good thing because I was lowballing... So thanks :D

D

dangerousrazor

I bid on it, too. I thought the other razor looked bent on one side, making it look like a slant razor. The bidding price was very low till the end. So I thought I would win. :(

I just picked one of these up and was pleasantly surprised by how well it shaves. I thought it would feel like the non floating head Barbasol I have, but it was MUCH smoother, and very efficient.
Well it is a non Floating Head Barbasol but I know what you mean, it shaves better than the other I have as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

After seeing your incredibly beautiful vintage razors in this thread, I feel much like an amateur guitarist going on stage after Joe Walsh when I show my non-Gillette find.

Today I got a Schick Krona in very good condition, complete with the original box and razorblades.
It even came with an instruction manual in Swedish
IMG_20190610_223130.jpg IMG_20190610_223147.jpg IMG_20190610_223238.jpg IMG_20190610_223300.jpg IMG_20190610_223423.jpg

Top Bottom