What's new

The new Personna Platinum from Solingen, Germany.

Anyone tried it yet? How is it different from the old platinum chrome also in blue packaging? I know the old one is supposedly the israeli reds but I'm not sure.

On Connaught it costs about 50% more than the old one.

This is the new one.

k10-1-d79909cc.jpg
personna-platinum-razor-blades-200-pillar__01772.1584372354.1280.1280.jpg

I tried a few of the German made store brand blades (maybe not the same blades as these) and didn't really like them. Used 5 blades and didn't get a single irritation free shave from them. They were sharp but not very smooth. Hopefully I just got a pack of duds. I put the rest of the pack away to maybe try again later.

:a21: :a21:

I have not tried the German blades (and it may be awhile as I laid in a good stock of the Israeli ‘reds.’)

I've read a few reports which have either been along the lines of it's either as good as the old Israeli one or the new German made one is a touch sharper.

I have used Personna Platinum Chrome and they are very good blades, sharp and smooth, no irritation it anything. I believe that my blades are made in Germany, but they have ink printed letters, and it appears that these are laser etched. I have no experience with Israeli made ones, but these blades are solid. Along with Astra SS, this is a candidate for 100 pack. But, it will take a while to used 40 that I have now :D

I have used Personna Platinum Chrome and they are very good blades, sharp and smooth, no irritation it anything. I believe that my blades are made in Germany, but they have ink printed letters, and it appears that these are laser etched. I have no experience with Israeli made ones, but these blades are solid. Along with Astra SS, this is a candidate for 100 pack. But, it will take a while to used 40 that I have now :D
Isn't platinum chrome made in USA?

I had noticed the other day that the house brand personna has changed plant to Germany as well I had noticed at walgreens while picking up a few things

As in the other thread, I run them in parellel with israeli mades and can‘t detect a difference in performance. The run about EUR 17.00/100 here in Europe.

Reactions: ADP
Top Bottom