What's new

The new/current Connaught Omega jade brush: good/bad?

Oddly the last natural fiber brush I ordered never had any noticeable funk to it
I didn't notice anything off-putting from either the Omega Jade or the SOC Taj and both settled in nicely. The Proraso Pro smelled like mothballs which was odd.

Definitely not detected with my Semogues or Premium boars.
My Yaqi's on the other hand...
My first natural fiber brush was a low end badger in pure. That one definitely had a noticeable funk to it. Second one was the same brand and knot as the first just with a different color handle. The funk wasn’t as noticeable on that one. My most recent one was a Simpson Duke 3 in best. That one didn’t have any issues with funk

My first natural fiber brush was a low end badger in pure. That one definitely had a noticeable funk to it. Second one was the same brand and knot as the first just with a different color handle. The funk wasn’t as noticeable on that one. My most recent one was a Simpson Duke 3 in best. That one didn’t have any issues with funk
Duke3 is a great brush overall.
I plan on picking up another Simpson's Best later this month - will report my findings 🍻

People I'm a believer, after trying really hard for 3 months to like my Yaqi boar brush (nobody likes to admit they got a bad purchase) I've finally gave up and ordered a Jade. It arrived today and already during first shave the brush was much less prickly if at all! I love it. Handle feels great and i always liked unbranded products. I already forgot about that damn Yaqi, not worth the hassle.

linty1

My wallet cries.
It is starting to grow on me over time, I am impatient, but I would say so far it's been worth the slower break in. It's a ymmv thing, but I wish they still sold the medallioned version.

linty1

My wallet cries.
Mine took about 100 shaves to become the great brush it is.
I don't doubt it, I'm at around 40+ shaves on it and only on the last say 10 has it started splitting and noticeably better face feel. I was actually kinda discouraged with it, but recent development has me wanting to stick with it more.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm having some trouble enjoying mine. It doesn't feel that dense and it's pokey. Even the Zenith unbleached boar I have has less poke and they are supposed to take a longer time to break in as well. The Jade isn't an expensive brush so resale is sort of silly. If I decide to pass it along, I might include it with something else for free. To be fair, I've only used it twice but it has around 24 wet/dry cycles on it. It's most likely a patience thing.. I only shave every other day.. to get to 100 days on a single brush... that would take a while. ;)

Mine has 3 shaves on it now and it feels pretty good to me so far. A little pokey as @Phoenixkh mentioned, but I can tell it’s going to end up soft. It has a bit of an odor but not as bad as some boars I’ve gotten.

The Jade and my new Zenith B29 are going to be very nice in a few months.

Top Bottom