What's new

The "Mourning" Shave

On Mondays, I like to dip into the vast shaving graveyard and use shaving items that are no longer in production. I refer to it as my Monday "Mourning" Shave. Here is what I have lined up for tomorrow. :w00t:

Razor: Vintage Rotbart
Blade: Super Iridium
Brush: Vintage real ivory brush (Lewis & Bupro WSIII)
Soap: Vintage Colgate Cup Soap
Aftershave: Vintage Yardley

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Interesting tradition! Nice gear!

Thank you. :w00t:

Will do! This will be my first use of Colgate Cup soap and I am curious to see how it performs.

Phil, I scored a couple of pucks of Cup Soap off the BST earlier this year and I just love it! It lathers like mad and is so thick and creamy. Oh, and I grated it into an OS mug along with a sliver of Klar Kabinett that I got from you in an order so it has a real nice subtle rose scent. It is just a fantastic shave!

Cheers and Enjoy!
-Greg

Wow...a lot of praise for Colgate Cup soap. :w00t: Now I am really looking forward to Monday's shave. It sounds wonderful.

What a great shave. I just realized that you could barely see the Ivory Lewis & Buprows brush in the previous photo so here is a better shot. The brush is small but as luck would have it, I have misplaced my calipers. :sad: If I had to guess, I'd say it has a 15mm diameter knot...near wee scot territory.

Attachments

• $Ivory Brush.jpg
    $Ivory Brush.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 80
Well, it may not be Monday, but I partook in a mourning shave of sorts today. Alas, La Toja Manantiales, we hardly knew ye. Payday is Monday, so I might have to visit a vendor to get a backup.

Top Bottom