What's new

The motorcycle picture thread

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Come on guys...let's see the pics. of your bikes. Any and all... The touring bikes, cruisers, sport bikes, "Adventure Bikes"...what ever that is, dual purpose, MX, Enduro, etc.

My first "mine" bike that I got when I was a kid after riding the lawn mower engine minibikes for awhile.

Honda CT70 that had a top speed of all of 40 mph. I don't remember how many handle bars I had to replace that were broken playing in the dirt. I had the engine apart and put back together so many times you could throw the parts in a box and shake it and the parts would go back together by themselves.

proxy.php

My current bike that Dad bought me new...a 1972 Yamaha DS7 250 street bike. I guess Dad got tired of me breaking the dirt bike. This one needs some work.

img_0002-jpg.772487

A Kawasaki Mach III that I had...a little 500cc two stroke crotch rocket.

proxy.php

Some bikes I have ridden...Hey, didn't you and your riding buddies trade bikes when you were riding?

Bridgestone 100.

proxy.php

Hodaka Super Rat.

proxy.php

Honda 650.

proxy.php

Kawasaki KZ1000...talk about a crotch rocket.

proxy.php

Harley 1300 Police bike...talk about being a hog on handling.

proxy.php

And son-in-law has Harley's answer to the Honda Goldwing, but I don't have a pic. of it and am not sure of the exact model. It has a fairing, saddlebags, a radio, king and queen seat, etc., etc.

So...what you guys got?

Honda CT70 that had a top speed of all of 40 mph. I don't remember how many handle bars I had to replace that were broken playing in the dirt. I had the engine apart and put back together so many times you could throw the parts in a box and shake it and the parts would go back together by themselves.

proxy.php
I had one of those in the '70s, when I was living in a place surrounded by treeless arctic tundra. Very durable and great on gas. I was by no means an expert mechanic, but I had the engine on the kitchen table for a week or so and managed to replace some major part in the gear box with no manual or instructions.

I bought a 50cc Yamaha Zuma two years ago, and it's great for exploring the back roads in my neighbourhood. Vehicle registration is only $30, and no special license required. My regular Class 5 license is enough. Very quiet running, so I can sneak up on wildlife and birds.
100_5482.JPG

Gonna have to see if I can get some pictures up. Most of my riding was done in the pre-digital age. But as far as what I owned/rode:

Dirt:
Yamaha of unknown origin/heritage
1976 Hodaka Super Combat
1976 Kawasaki KX 250
1978 Yamaha IT 175
1978 KTM 400
1980 KTM 420
1981 Husqvarna CR 430

Street:
1973 Suzuki GT 380

Yamaha-
1977 XS 750
2003 FJR 1300

BMW
1983 R80RT
1977 R100S
1988 R100RS
1992 K100RS
1997 K1200RS

Harley Davidson
1977 Sportster XLH
2002 Electra Glide
2006 Road King
2007 Ultra Classic
..finally
2009 Street Glide, which is what I am riding now.

Ironic...what might be the most popular motorcycle on the planet, is the one I never owned-Honda.

2002 Harley Road King. Saw the pearl white at the dealership and I was done! Had a 1999 Yamaha Star 650 (Cream & green) and rode a Suzuki GSX550 in the early '90's.

Mine is still a work in progress. The progress has been put on hold because of our first kiddo haha. 1980 Honda cm400t. It was pretty rough when I got it. Have done a good bit of work too it already. It currently resides at a friends house but hoping to move it back to my house soon.

20160904_185648.jpg

I've ridden for 30 years and Have had many different bikes. This past May I made a difficult decision to sell my baby. Hated to but was the right thing for me at this time because of family situation (long story) Still miss this one and like I said have ridden about everything but want another Valkyrie when I get another bike..........by the way,beautiful bikes guys
007.JPG 0424161335.jpg003.JPG

My brother and I had a Yamaha 70cc Mini-Enduro in the early 1970's. I was 12-13. Great bike and really felt like scaled down motorcycle. Lots of fun on this one.

proxy.php

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Italian vertical twins- because British bikes aren't difficult enough.

Top Bottom