What's new

The MacGyver Brush

"VADAR" is on his way to his new home and I am extremely nervous about it's performance when it gets there LOL The first time one of the brushes I have made has left the house and gone to an experienced shaver other than me LOL:lol:

Dumb question, what is that casing/ring and where can I get one of those? I'm in the process of making something and this would be an awesome addition. Hopefully they come in multiple sizes.
Welcome to the Forum, Topshiftplaya5! I'd be happy to tell you, but first you need to head over to the Newbie Check-in and tell us a little about yourself. Then stop back in here and we'll talk! ;)

Welcome to the Forum, Topshiftplaya5! I'd be happy to tell you, but first you need to head over to the Newbie Check-in and tell us a little about yourself. Then stop back in here and we'll talk! ;)

Done!! I can't wait to come back from the holidays and try and turn a handle and get some real quality badger hair from TGN. I would love to try and somehow set the hair knot in that metal thing you have on your handle.

Done!! I can't wait to come back from the holidays and try and turn a handle and get some real quality badger hair from TGN. I would love to try and somehow set the hair knot in that metal thing you have on your handle.
I cut my ferrule from an old 1" NPT X 1/2" brass king nipple, that I had laying around. A 24/25mm knot fits perfectly. If you can't find a king nipple, a 1" NPT brass/stainless pipe can be cut to make a ferrule. You'll need a 1 1/4" drill bit to cut the hole for the pipe/ferrule.

If you'd like a smaller knot and ferrule, a 3/4" NPT brass/stainless pipe will handle a 18/19mm knot. You'll need a 1" drill bit to to cut the hole for that ferrule.

I hope this helps! Good luck! I look forward to seeing your creations!

Top Bottom